+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: May 2013 Standard Rotation

  1. #31
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    yes it is, because casual players aren't afraid but more likely cant keep up, how is that fun for them? i totally understand his point, while you don't.

    the subscription model limits people on both ends of the deal, riddle me this, skillmatching on premium? as if

    as for the new rotation, good one ))
    The subscription model has nothing to do with the players inside the servers. From looking at their profile, it's clear to see that pretty much anything will be 'over their skill' since they're a Space CTF player, and it's commonly assumed that in the majority of cases, a Space CTF player is less-skilled when playing in any other CTF map (Where aiming, strafing, etc are all needed more)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibegurgarden View Post
    Edit: Would it be possible to give premium players ability to callvote (standard) maps on standard servers? So that you could play the decent maps from the rotation? And added incentive to subscribe also.
    Not a chance. It'd completely remove the reasoning behind spawning servers.

  2. #32
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    The subscription model has nothing to do with the players inside the servers.
    oh it does, you think there are more than 2 (maximum 2!) prem servers for ctf on various tiers? haha....
    (in case you didnt realize it, the game has ads for playing people from beginner to PRO at your skill-level.)

    as for your example with space, well let them have what they want, some are skilled and some aren't - not gonna generalize but i know a few space players that could teach anyone a thing or two in regards of movement.
    Last edited by danstar; 05-07-2013 at 12:13 AM.

  3. #33
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    oh it does, you think there are more than 2 (maximum 2!) prem servers for ctf on various tiers? haha....
    (in case you didnt realize it, the game has ads for playing people from beginner to PRO at your skill-level.)

    as for your example with space, well let them have what they want, some are skilled and some aren't - not gonna generalize but i know a few space players that could teach anyone a thing or two in regards of movement.
    It's not directly related to it. It's correlated, yes, but it's not the exact reason. Any players can play in Pro-spawned servers (Referring to skill levels, not the players themselves).

    It's "beginner to pro", not "Standard to Pro" and that was there before the subscription models were added.

    Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with their choice to play space maps, just including that it's likely they aren't competitive in the Pro-spawned servers because they're probably not Space CTF-only servers.

  4. #34
    Junior Member END is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    25
    ok there are no server for ca at all.. come on atleast give the community one decent ca map.. meaning atlteast one of the following campgrounds overkill trinty or ca3 ( forgets name) .. I am prem to its just that everyone is not so im forced to play vs non prem.. and look at it no one to play with now!

  5. #35
    Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by END View Post
    ok there are no server for ca at all.. come on atleast give the community one decent ca map.. meaning atlteast one of the following campgrounds overkill trinty or ca3 ( forgets name) .. I am prem to its just that everyone is not so im forced to play vs non prem.. and look at it no one to play with now!
    Evolution(ts1+2), Thunderstruck(ts1+2), 3rd Storey(ts1-4)? All very good and playable ra3 maps.
    Granted there isn't much for 8v8, but that's a stupid teamsize anyway
    makes it even more FFA than it already is nowadays xD

    Also, where are you from to have no ca players? My browser unfortunately is filled with it, while tdm (as usual) is dead and ctf rather unpopular.
    Speaking of which, how comes the whole ctf rotation is kinda rail only/ instagib? I mean siberia and troubled waters are nice ctf maps in general, but there could be more balance... when you already got Vortex rail rail and Troubled rail rail, you could make it ironworks instead of siberia or something like that. It's really rail-heavy this month! Maps are to wide/open/large imho.
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

    Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

  6. #36
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It's "beginner to pro", not "Standard to Pro" and that was there before the subscription models were added.
    nit-picking on something, which basically means the same thing i already said and you know that (i hope you do.. otherwise wow).

    anyway, even if it was there beforehand, it doesnt matter - cus that was beta, prior to the release of the game, and its revenue surely doesnt come by matchmaking. but why call a person who obviously doesn't wanna get into this high-level gameplay - afraid?

    its cheap man, and it wont encourage anyone to do so, thats some reverse psychology that works on pre-teens.

  7. #37
    Member shut_up is an unknown quantity at this point shut_up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    H
    Posts
    71
    not happy, bad maps + too low good ca maps

  8. #38
    Junior Member Platzpatron is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with their choice to play space maps, just including that it's likely they aren't competitive in the Pro-spawned servers because they're probably not Space CTF-only servers.
    Wrong reason. I just got 'accidentally' moved to tier 4 in CA (while only playing CA and no space game in between). Tier 4 starts at skillrating 61, but the few populated premium CA servers in europe are >300. I would stay in tier 4/5 without space, but there is no lower tier 4 or 5 CA or CTF premium server in europe.

  9. #39
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    nit-picking on something, which basically means the same thing i already said and you know that (i hope you do.. otherwise wow).

    anyway, even if it was there beforehand, it doesnt matter - cus that was beta, prior to the release of the game, and its revenue surely doesnt come by matchmaking. but why call a person who obviously doesn't wanna get into this high-level gameplay - afraid?

    its cheap man, and it wont encourage anyone to do so, thats some reverse psychology that works on pre-teens.
    I was "nit-picking" because I wasn't sure you understood the difference between them. Text isn't completely transparent in regards to understanding the meaning of the poster, so I was clarifying it since other people (and I assumed you) might not catch that there was a difference. Also, I used "afraid" more as a concrete or stronger term, although I really meant something more like "uneasy" or "worried".
    Quote Originally Posted by Platzpatron View Post
    Wrong reason. I just got 'accidentally' moved to tier 4 in CA (while only playing CA and no space game in between). Tier 4 starts at skillrating 61, but the few populated premium CA servers in europe are >300. I would stay in tier 4/5 without space, but there is no lower tier 4 or 5 CA or CTF premium server in europe.
    That wasn't originally clarified, so I assumed the 'norm'.
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 05-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.

  10. #40
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I was "nit-picking" because I wasn't sure you understood the difference between them
    for someone like me, who contributed more to the game by playing it, more than u ever talked about it, this is laughable. in all honesty.

    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Also, I used "afraid" more as a concrete or stronger term, although I really meant something more like "uneasy" or "worried".
    encourage em, dont scare em off...

    no matter what u meant, u post a lot and ur helpful, but sometimes u gotta re-think ur stuff dude...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts