+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Improve "skill matchng"

Junior Member amanahumpa is on a distinguished road

Angry Improve "skill matchng"

In the last weeks playing QL was less and less fun for me. I rely on the promise of "skill matching", but was put against much better players, which was no fun at all.
    I have no use for games I always lose because my opponents are was above my league.
    Playing then is no fun at all. It sucks.
    Will there be any improvements in the next months? I could come back then.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amanahumpa View Post
    Will there be any improvements in the next months?
    Surely not.
    If you want easy wins, I'm afraid QL isn't a game for you.

depends

Are you someone with any idea of what you're talking about or just someone with an opinion and many posts? No offense, but just to make clear if your reply is any worth reading.

QL is announced as a game where you get skill matched games., That means, you get to fight opponents with similair skills. So you can have fun. When that fails, it is no fun. Its not about easy wins. I am here for some years now, I know what I am talking about.
    Your answer seems not intelligent to me.

Any other replies?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amanahumpa View Post
    Are you someone with any idea of what you're talking about or just someone with an opinion and many posts? No offense, but just to make clear if your reply is any worth reading.

QL is announced as a game where you get skill matched games., That means, you get to fight opponents with similair skills. So you can have fun. When that fails, it is no fun. Its not about easy wins. I am here for some years now, I know what I am talking about.
    Your answer seems not intelligent to me.

Any other replies?
    "If you want easy wins, I'm afraid QL isn't a game for you."

^this

The skillmatching isn't broken at all; it's because there's not enough players to make it work 100% of the time.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    The Skill Matching System ,for what its worth,,,Has worked for me..At the start of Quake online gaming we where thrown into the mix,with a "Lick and a Promise" feeling of just surviving.Wins where a lot harder to get.Took me 13 years to get a "Win"...And I owe it all to QL tier System....And im sure a lot of people who have played for a long time have a chance to play with "Like" skills.Most new Players dont have a clue what it was like in the start.You are lucky to have this.Go play on another web site Hosting Q3,They take no Prisoners.

Senior Member xXApathyXx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    The skillmatching isn't broken at all; it's because there's not enough players to make it work 100% of the time.
    This
    At most it's skewed
    Even if there was, there's still no guarantee that you'll be racking up wins or get an even game that much (although you will have more than now)

Hm. Thanks to all.
    Maybe I am spoiled by many really well balanced games in the past, maybe I was just lucky.
    And maybe it all gets better when more players are on. What was that commercial break, anyways?
    Now it seems I am just cannon food. I hope it gets better soon. And, altough it may be pain in the ass to even survive in other online FPS, I am not playing some other FPS. This is QL and its okay for me if they set and hold certain standards.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Nobody is trying to scare you off.I was told a long time ago,"If you can hold your own in Nightmare Mode" on practice mode,,,you have a better understanding of what you are in for,and what to watch for in your game play".But that being said,,,it will by no means make you a Pro overnight....Just keep at it..Its the "Nature Of The Beast"

+ Reply to Thread