+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Whisperer

Member Mango is on a distinguished road
    The timescale buttons basically slow the demo down. Pretty straight forward. the SS button is super slow (timescale 0.01). Are you saying that these buttons do not work for you? it should. Try launching a demo and then click SS and tell me what happens :P

As for the binds and commands etc. Normally when a command is passed from WW to Wolfcam, it gets written to cmd.cfg or demo.cfg. Then it executes that cfg with a bind (F10). The reason why all (most) binds are written to a cfg is to prevent binding the entire keyboard for every single command that WW spits out.

There are exceptions....

Everything that is in the defaultwolfwhisperer.cfg will always override the values in q3config everytime WW is loaded. These need to remain as they are in order for WW to function properly. (especially the Function keys). The reason why binding things to Function keys are so important, is that they can be pressed while the console is displayed - which is extremely important. otherwise all binds would be ignored and just typed in console instead of actually executing.

With textures, you made me realise a bug. Everytime someone re-runs the startup wizard all the textures will be overwritten because it is set to over-ride by default. Gotta change that. But to be honest. I'm by no means a wolfcam expert at all. So i don't know about texture overides and such all that well. Gotta learn more

The layout I guess is a result of gradual evolution. I only intended to write a simple play/pause media player at first (main gui) but then i felt i needed another one... and another one... The windows are not resizable again as a result of evolution. To make them resizable i need to rewrite alot of code believe it or not.

The weapon fx basically just loads the weapon.fx file. if you want to use your own i can only suggest you replace that with your own. Remember that this is mostly intended for beginners rather than hardcore wolfcam users :P

I never really thought about a forum. Most forums end up dying in the ass. If you want to talk about it you can do it here. I also monitor the comments on the site, and theres an esr thread here: http://www.esreality.com/post/2417481/wolf-whisperer/

And a blog: http://sourceforge.net/p/wolfwhisperer/blog/

Woops. I just realised that in the attempt to fix the startupwizard from looping over and over, i have prevented it from starting at all for new users =\ Will fix as soon as possible. As a workaround new users will need to close ww and run startupwizard manually.

Edit: Fixed. (users who downloaded the old 1.2.9.11 version and were having problems. Please still run startupwizard manually. then download the new 1.2.9.11) Cheers.
    Last edited by Mango; 05-10-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    good release
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Are you saying that these buttons do not work for you? it should. Try launching a demo and then click SS and tell me what happens :P
    Yeah after installing 1.2.9.11 my wolfwhisperer had no control over the wolf. Think I messed with it a bit too hard, reinstalled and all fixed. :]

Everything that is in the defaultwolfwhisperer.cfg will always override the values in q3config everytime WW is loaded.
    Ok I was getting very frustrated that my binds were being overwritten. Could I simplify things, remove q3config.cfg and add all the excess cvars to defaultwolfwhisperer.cfg?
    To make them resizable i need to rewrite alot of code believe it or not.
    I believe it. Pweasse?
    Remember that this is mostly intended for beginners rather than hardcore wolfcam users :P
    Yes, but this is a chance to decrease the gap between beginners and experienced users, If advanced users don't see the point in WW they won't use it

And what exactly is the use of the stuff folder? I know the borders folder is used by WW, but is the rest of that just a dump for nice textures that can be used to replace those in

<Wolf Whisperer>\WolfcamQL\wolfcam-ql\textures

?

And to conclude explain how the pk3 update feature works? Is this the folder "Update"? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EARTH_QUAKE View Post
    Ok I was getting very frustrated that my binds were being overwritten. Could I simplify things, remove q3config.cfg and add all the excess cvars to defaultwolfwhisperer.cfg?
    You can do whatever you want :P haha
    But these values are THE MOST important. Especially F10 and F12. Otherwise WW just wont work.
    bind F5 "rewind 0.15"
    bind F6 "timescale 2.5"
    bind F7 "cl_freezedemo 1"
    bind F8 "cl_freezedemo 0"
    bind F10 "exec cmd"
    bind F12 "exec demo"

The Stuff folder was basically my way of seperating all the custom stuff from wolfcam. Everything that is in the Stuff folder gets distributed into wolfcam after you run the startup wizard. So the Textures and Weapons are really just there as a backup. But the borders ffmpeg gspot 7za crosshairs need to still be there though.

As for the pk3 update. I assume you mean the 'Sync PK3s' button? All it does is copy the QL baseq3 folder to wolfcam. Thats all. The upgrade folder is used to upgrade wolfcam by sticking in an updated (or downgraded) version of wolfcam.zip file in there.

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Thank you for such a great work. This will tremendously help people, who are new in video editing. Gui is nice clean and intuitive. Overall it is really badass!

Keep up the good work, and here are my 100 cents donated

thanks mate i really appreciate it. I will add it to the pile of money.
    Tally so far - $4.00

Junior Member testostronk is on a distinguished road
    Wow, so i'm good for 25 procent of the investment! It should add up soon though, because its really easy to donate with the button.

Member CMSS is on a distinguished road
    can somebody add me on quake live and explain to me how to change the weapons and billboards please ( team viewer might help )
    QUAKE LIVE NAME : CMSS

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    Its easy as pie if you have images of the right proportions (1:2 , 1:1 and another).

+ Reply to Thread