+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Whisperer

Member MrOllie is on a distinguished road
    Yea go ahead, it can be tons better by the way! This is pretty much default settings, rendered at 720p 60fps out of wolfcam, then rendered to 30fps thru sony vegas
    DANNNGGGGGG

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOllie View Post
    Yea go ahead, it can be tons better by the way! This is pretty much default settings, rendered at 720p 60fps out of wolfcam, then rendered to 30fps thru sony vegas
    Thanks a lot.. I'm just starting to learn it.. And oh dear..poor green bastard...
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Member Mango is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandbolus View Post
    I now have a config that im quite happy with, but the 25 and 50 health bubbles are black. I don't know where to get these textures from, any help?
    It's possible that you may have a custom map in your QL baseq3 folder thats conflicting with Wolf Whisperer's shader. I know that if i try and introduce a lot of custom defrag style maps i lose many textures. Try to identify any custom maps and remove them from <Wolf Whisperer Folder>\WolfcamQL\baseq3

Quote Originally Posted by EARTH_QUAKE View Post
    The F2 pointer unlock is an amazing addition, not sure if that was around before
    It was. But now you can use right click to release/un-release control of the pointer.
    You can also scroll the time back and forth with mouse wheel. Middle Mouse = pause.

Most of the buttons simply execute commands (though the demo scrubbing tool is a bit more complicated), and hence serious users will always find it simpler to type "/fastforward 5" rather than drag the pointer forwards a bit.
    You can use the >> button to fast forward. Or the timescale 100. (the timescale 100 was fixed in new update 1.2.9.11)

Wolf Whisperer appears to override all textures etc - yes the benefit is that beginners can customize things very easily (textures, models, skins, sprites), but all the custom pk3's I have in baseq3 don't work anymore, the things they're overwriting are being overwritten! It adds another layer of complexity in a way.
    You are right in a way that this is, in most part, intended for new users who never used wolfcam before. And yes I can understand how it may overwrite some custom textures. Do your custom pk3 files start with zzz? if so then it looks like WW's textures are executing even after the z pk3 filenames. I will look into adding a feature to remove all custom textures.

The majority of the buttons on the interface will be used once only, for example billboards
    Im open to suggestions as to what buttons should be displayed in the options gui and other places. Which is why i even included custom buttons for people to make their own. What would you like to see there?

not well integrated with wolfcam at all.
    Thats because there is NO integration with wolfcam at all Wolfcam doesn't know that it is being used like a ***** so to speak. Wolf Whisperer is more of a tool to try and 'tame the wolf' and make it more user friendly.

I suppose things will be added update by update, but the options list should, in my opinion, be a lot more complete or loses it's value. Some things can be done via WolfWhisperer options, other's can't (e.g. frag sound - Where is it!?)
    Like i said i value peoples opinions because I want to try and make it the best possible tool for everyone so keep it coming. Ill make a note of the frag sound. (and the colored models)

and on my moniter when wolfcam is open the rest of the screen becomes brighter, though I think this can be fixed?
    I think this may be a wolfcam issue. I know it happens to me if a) i didnt copy all the pk3 files accross properly. b) used a custom config that changed some value that i wasnt expecting.

Is it at all possible you could talk with brugal and put these features into wolfcam itself?
    Yep
    Last edited by Mango; 05-09-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOllie View Post
    Here is a video created using this software. I created it in much quicker speed than using binds, the interface is awesome! Please note this was just a quick test for me to learn how to use the program. I plan to make more movies thanks to Mango!

http://youtu.be/YUjU4QyCGAk
    Looks good Thanks for going to all the trouble of creating it and spreading the word

New Update.

Changelog 1.2.9.11:

* Fixed StartupWizard looping over and over again.
    * Reduced the prerequisite number of pk3 files needed even further to the absolute bare minimum for WolfcamQL to work (All the pak files)
    * New warning message to suggest that even though WolfcamQL will function, you are still running low on maps.
    * New 'Sync PK3s' button in Help section to update Wolf Whisperer with new QL content.
    * Fixed VODs not playing when launched from 'My Vods'/Explorer while WolfcamQL is down.
    * Fixed bug where the commentary would continue to play in a VOD even after closing WolfcamQL.
    * Fixed bug where Right Click > Explore Folder would return an error if no videos folder existed.
    * Timescale 100 now works.
    * Fixed bug where the crosshair displays wrong default crosshair on startup in the GUI.

Changelog 1.1.9.11:

* Changed default installation directory to prevent permission issues with file creations in ‘Program Files’ folder.
    * Works with Windows XP 64 bit.
    * Fixed PK3 check for non-premium users who have no premium maps installed.

Member MrOllie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    Looks good Thanks for going to all the trouble of creating it and spreading the word
    Honestly, it was no trouble whatsoever thanks to your work! I had a question regarding player models, textures, etc. How difficult would it be to replace a flag texture (ctf team flags), or any moving entity for that matter? I was able to re-texture my rocket launcher, but it would be awesome to be able to model my own entities.

I'm also pretty confused as to how the folders are arranged for textures.
    You included a texture folder in these 2 locations:

1. \Wolf Whisperer\Stuff\Textures
    2. \Wolf Whisperer\WolfcamQL\wolfcam-ql\textures

Am I supposed to replace the ones in the wolfcam folder with the ones you included, or are they already pre-installed (HD textures)?
    DANNNGGGGGG

The textures in the stuff folder is really just there as a back up. They dont get used as they were already copied to wherever the hell they needed to be. As for flags... im sure they can be replaced. Im just not sure what the filename is or what folder it needs to be put in etc... Thats more of a wolfcam/quake live question.

Member Vampiress is on a distinguished road Vampiress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It wasn't my project or anything -- I just recommended a Sticky because it's a good program
    Aw haha well still gj on getting it some exposure/sticky then
    If the lightning gun is a phallic synonym for smacking players about with a sizzling manhood, then I proclaim that the railgun is a yonic synonym for a woman's erect nipples poking people's eyes out

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road
    But now you can use right click to release/un-release control of the pointer.
    You can also scroll the time back and forth with mouse wheel. Middle Mouse = pause.
    Very nice features! But these are just binds? Little above the average user's ability though.

You can use the >> button to fast forward. Or the timescale 100. (the timescale 100 was fixed in new update 1.2.9.11)
    Can you explain how the timescales work? Don't seem to like me. This is also a positive addition.

Do your custom pk3 files start with zzz? if so then it looks like WW's textures are executing even after the z pk3 filenames. I will look into adding a feature to remove all custom textures.
    Thinking it over, I'm just being sentimental over all my wonderfully compiled z-pk3 files. I have decoded them and just put the textures in elsewhere.

SUGGESTION: Consider a "texture override" folder, so people aren't tempted to delete existing textures from <wolf whisperer>/wolfcamQL/wolfcam-ql/textures in order to override - Imagine the problems associated with people deleting the default textures. The ease of texture customization seems to be the biggest feature of wolfwhisperer (pure genius), so it needs to be made fool-proof.

Im open to suggestions as to what buttons should be displayed in the options gui and other places. Which is why i even included custom buttons for people to make their own. What would you like to see there?
    I feel the custom buttons are a bit of a space-hog at the moment...but maybe I'm just used to binding everything. Could there be scope for more customization of what is shown/hidden of wolf whisperer features? e.g. List of features:

freecamming > freecamming options/commands
    visual customization > billboards, blood etc
    video > video settings

Just ideas. Good luck with improving the interface

Thats because there is NO integration with wolfcam at all Wolfcam doesn't know that it is being used like a ***** so to speak. Wolf Whisperer is more of a tool to try and 'tame the wolf' and make it more user friendly.
    Yes I get that, but particularly on my non-widescreen monitor it is very ugly to use, as not all windows can be open at once. Perhaps wolfcam and wolf whisperer could be part of one workstation, so the program takes up the whole screen? Like the sony vegas interface, with wolfcam where the preview is. If you can sort the layout of wolf whisperer out, I will be thanking you graciously, but at the moment I feel like I want to just type commands into wolfcam.

Like i said i value peoples opinions because I want to try and make it the best possible tool for everyone so keep it coming. Ill make a note of the frag sound. (and the colored models)
    Brilliant, thanks a lot.

May I ask how much of wolfwhisperer is dependent on q3config.cfg? I immediately replaced the q3config.cfg with my own, and am now wondering if I've disabled some of the features (e.g. timescale buttons). I'm used to q3config.cfg being used to adjust wolfcam parameters, I'm wondering if wolf whisperer parameters are also adjusted withing the same q3config.cfg or entirely in "options.cfg"?

And finally not clear on the purpose of "weapon fx". Does this toggle between "weapon.fx" and some default fx file? At first this was annoying, as "cg_fxfile" in q3config.cfg is now redundant :'( Can't switch between fx files now. Maybe upon pressing "weapon fx" a browser to locate .fx file to activate could instigate, similar to that for billboards? (Amazing addition btw)

Bonus demand because I'm getting really in the zone: Any chance of a wolf whisperer development/help forum? I like the website so far, perhaps take inspiration from http://q3mme.proboards.com/index.cgi? where I still go for help on wolfcam problems.

Sync pk3's is a great idea. Was just about to report the textures missing from new maps.

Thanks for reading all this (fingers crossed). I'm pretty anxious that this ends up in the right direction, useful for amateurs and experienced users.

+ Reply to Thread