+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Whisperer

Member Mango is on a distinguished road
    Well I would be interested in the 500 meg file :P Maybe you can explain how you were able to extract it so you wouldnt have to upload it and i wont have to download it

Did you just extract Q3's pak0.pk3 file?
    Last edited by Mango; 05-16-2013 at 10:45 PM.

Senior Member EARTH_QUAKE is on a distinguished road EARTH_QUAKE's Avatar
    No, I extracted every map and pak.pk3 file in my ql baseq3 using a tool I have named as "quakelivedec", but luckily I had some more complex script to run it that notes all .pk3 files in the folder and decodes them all to .zip. I then copied any subfolders names "textures", "models", "env, "icons" and "gfx" or whatever, moving them somewhere else. Dunno if there's an easier way but I did it all manually from there.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...e-Quakelivedec

Code:
    set thePATH=C:\<TYPE YOUR FOLDER PATH HERE>
    for %%I in (*.pk3) do quakelivedec.exe "%thePATH%\%%~nxI" "%%~nI.zip"
    Not sure how you could incorporate that into WW, perhaps as an additional download? I thing this would be a great addition!

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    It's possible that you may have a custom map in your QL baseq3 folder thats conflicting with Wolf Whisperer's shader. I know that if i try and introduce a lot of custom defrag style maps i lose many textures. Try to identify any custom maps and remove them from <Wolf Whisperer Folder>\WolfcamQL\baseq3
    I checked the maps, nothing unusual just the same stuff that is in the QL folder.

I don't even see the health bubble shader things in textures. clueless.
    Last edited by Grandbolus; 05-19-2013 at 04:45 AM.

I was able to somewhat replicate your problem when i deleted the file:

<Wolf Whisperer>\WolfcamQL\wolfcam-ql\scripts\models.shader

All the health bubbles went white. Are you sure that file is still there?

The texture for the green health bubble for example, should be in this folder:

<Wolf Whisperer>\WolfcamQL\wolfcam-ql\textures\effects\envmaprail.tga

If those 2 files are there, then I'm not sure what could be wrong. Did you import another shader or texture or something? You can try running the startup wizard again or reinstall to a different location.

I've uploaded the entire compilation of textures, I think everything is there in the right place. Hope you do something with this! No longer shall movie makers have any excuse to not touch up boring textures!

q3mme forums link: http://q3mme.proboards.com/index.cgi...ead=439&page=1

EDIT: thanks auri, fast and long term download link:

auri.co.uk/files/quake/skins/misc/eq_all-default-quake-textures.zip

Get on this!
    Last edited by EARTH_QUAKE; 05-19-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Awesome Thank you for going to the trouble of getting this together for us. Was actually trying to change the blue and red flags a couple days ago and couldn't find the bloody texture. I'll get to work on maybe coding some sort of texturizing gui so you can work on all the textures that exist on a map or something like that. (But dont expect anything soon I work really slow) :P

Thank you for working on this! It's my pleasure to be able to help

That would be bloody awesome, though unless you have some mapping experience I've no idea how to find a list of which textures are accessed by a map...keep this in mind though, could be a seriously positive point for WW.

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post

If those 2 files are there, then I'm not sure what could be wrong. Did you import another shader or texture or something? You can try running the startup wizard again or reinstall to a different location.
    Thanks for looking into it. I did a reinstall on a different harddrive and my bubbles look good now!

I forgot to mention that the blood and gibs shaders malfunctioned as well. Fixed now.

Now I have to figure out why premiere pro doesn't like any video I capture from wolfcam/whisperer.
    Last edited by Grandbolus; 05-20-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EARTH_QUAKE View Post
    That would be bloody awesome, though unless you have some mapping experience I've no idea how to find a list of which textures are accessed by a map...keep this in mind though, could be a seriously positive point for WW.
    It's actually pretty easy... Just type /shaderlist in wolfcam.

For some reason I wasnt able to find the texture for the red and blue hanging flags in the ctf maps. (eg the flags hanging from the ceilings in campercrossings)... Any idea where these are?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandbolus View Post
    Now I have to figure out why premiere pro doesn't like any video I capture from wolfcam/whisperer.
    Yeah trying to work with compatible codecs is a pain. Uncompressed should work. If not you may have to download the huffyuv codec for windows 7 (64 bit). I got it from here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/squid_80/huffyuv64.zip Or you can watch this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vpr4MOB5mk

+ Reply to Thread