+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Who remembers The Edge from Quake 2

  1. #11
    Senior Member YourDead is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    142
    Just bring back RA3 into QL...please.

  2. #12
    *zzbios
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzyLizardface View Post
    I loved The Edge in Q2 and I'm glad to see it return here, is it going to remain on the map rotation?

    I think the new Quakelive edge map is better than the Quake 2 and I along with you hope it stays always, it is a symbol of Quake.

    For some reason the edge was and is the perfect map isn't that weird in a way

  3. #13
    *LizzyLizardface
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zzbios View Post
    I think the new Quakelive edge map is better than the Quake 2 and I along with you hope it stays always, it is a symbol of Quake.

    For some reason the edge was and is the perfect map isn't that weird in a way
    I don't know if it's better, I just think that the better weapon balance in Q3/QL makes it seem that way.
    It pains me to say this because I was more a Q2 player (I didn't really play Q3 much when it was released) but the removal of the weaker weapons (Shotgun and Machinegun) really improved Q3, having weapons that were just a weaker version of other weapons was not good for balance (although I wish we'd had the Hyperblaster instead of the Plasma Gun for Q3/QL) and their removal really makes the game come alive.
    As a result The Edge plays better in QL than it did even in Q2, I'd love to see Tokay's Towers return, in fact a Q2 map pack would be great as I think pretty much all the maps would play beautifully in QL, but if I were to narrow it down to two more it'd be Q2DM2 and Q2DM8.

  4. #14
    *zzbios
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzyLizardface View Post
    I don't know if it's better, I just think that the better weapon balance in Q3/QL makes it seem that way.
    It pains me to say this because I was more a Q2 player (I didn't really play Q3 much when it was released) but the removal of the weaker weapons (Shotgun and Machinegun) really improved Q3, having weapons that were just a weaker version of other weapons was not good for balance (although I wish we'd had the Hyperblaster instead of the Plasma Gun for Q3/QL) and their removal really makes the game come alive.
    As a result The Edge plays better in QL than it did even in Q2, I'd love to see Tokay's Towers return, in fact a Q2 map pack would be great as I think pretty much all the maps would play beautifully in QL, but if I were to narrow it down to two more it'd be Q2DM2 and Q2DM8.

    Where did you play Quake 2 may I ask I played on Heat.net mostly, then when I went to unreal was in their internal server and chat setup

  5. #15
    *LizzyLizardface
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zzbios View Post
    Where did you play Quake 2 may I ask I played on Heat.net mostly, then when I went to unreal was in their internal server and chat setup
    I don't remember exactly now, mostly on British servers as we were on dial-up for at least some of the time I played, so even playing on servers in other European countries wasn't viable! I still play on the tastyspleen servers occasionally, but I find the mouse acceleration to be horrible and it feels like it has a turn speed cap, so it takes too much getting used to to play casually.

  6. #16
    Senior Member julios is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    230
    the edge is etched deep into my soul. I can't begin to imagine the number of hours I spent on that map, running around, discovering new jumps, perfecting jumps and strategies, dueling, basking, sun tanning...

  7. #17
    Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzyLizardface View Post
    I don't remember exactly now, mostly on British servers as we were on dial-up for at least some of the time I played, so even playing on servers in other European countries wasn't viable! I still play on the tastyspleen servers occasionally, but I find the mouse acceleration to be horrible and it feels like it has a turn speed cap, so it takes too much getting used to to play casually.
    Is DAD still around? They used to run several servers out of Britain.

  8. #18
    Banned Gojira_ is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    231
    Edge in ql isn't even close to the same. It should have been widened a bit for QL.

  9. #19
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Gojira_ View Post
    Edge in ql isn't even close to the same. It should have been widened a bit for QL.
    Still is a spectacular version. I'm very gladly surprised at how good it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts