+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who remembers The Edge from Quake 2

*zzbios

Who remembers The Edge from Quake 2

That map may be in the top five of best maps ever in the history of map greatness..

And I hope that this new Edge map will stay this month for one more month

A few of the other maps I can't stand imho

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    The standard map pool usually changes pretty much completely from month to month. The Edge is likely to disappear until next year. Except on premium servers, of course.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    I was a noob when I played Quake 2

I had fond memories of many of those maps. I viewed them as places, not just geometry

Now I know how to play, and with all the strafe jumping and fast movement and game knowledge, the maps become smaller and lose a lot of their charm

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    I remember it from RA3 and it's a good map for clan arena. Liked the RA3 a little better though (It had an elevator at the waterside to ledge instead of the backup route with teleporter)... I don't see WHY you would make THAT change. I asked some people on theit opinion towards this and they answered "So people don't camp there anymore"

That kinda makes me wonder: Camp where and why? Downstairs near the water, because you have the feeling "I can get up fast anytime anyway?" -> I hardly ever noticed people doing that, whereas I DID see someone camp at the teleporter behind the waterarea. Which I think is way WORSE, because you cannot infiltrate that place by any means, so it's actually "a good idea" to camp there o.O
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz_ View Post
    I was a noob when I played Quake 2

I had fond memories of many of those maps. I viewed them as places, not just geometry

Now I know how to play, and with all the strafe jumping and fast movement and game knowledge, the maps become smaller and lose a lot of their charm
    The more I learn good movement, the more I come to like the maps, The Edge included...to me they getter better with experience.

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    I remember "the edge" as a ctf map. It made for some crazy games. I wish they would put that into Qlive rotation.

Member Bend_Over_14in is on a distinguished road
    Several things.....The Edge was Quake2......
    With that said....when they added the Lightning Gun to the edge IMO opinion they "bastardized" the map.
    The quad was a good move IMO!!
    Also what made the Edge inte3resting was the one shot frag capability of the railgun....

As it is the present edge is OK...but nothing compared to the old Quake2 Edge!!

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    I don't think that 100 dmg in Q2 for RG is a good thing. I had some ridiculous scores, if a team or player happens to get RG/2-3RG's. That is a spawn nightmare in it's purest form It was ok back then, nowdays when everyone is hitting 40+ RG (improved hardware) - 1 shot 1 kill model is a little too much.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Junior Member R1per2 is on a distinguished road
    I have the same nostalic feeling. I remember my first lan party on this map, first deathmatch play against gladiator bots (my nick name came from the bot "Reaper"), and I loved to practice trickjumps, because there are so much!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxqYezKLgro
    Much of them works in quakelive, double jumps missed so much in q3a
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui2fAJ1I51E (sorry for quality, I'm noob )

Cpm or pql double jumps are too easy for this map.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWf46...04F54BEF9993D1

I think all item changes are fine for quakelive TheEdge.

*LizzyLizardface
    I loved The Edge in Q2 and I'm glad to see it return here, is it going to remain on the map rotation?

+ Reply to Thread