+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Service Update Part 2

Banned Gojira_ is on a distinguished road
    Yeah I'm glad it's back and the whole shebang. I would like to see free profiles allowed more options ESP the voting system. Maps ought to be freely used. Still grateful for everything the devs have done.

Junior Member RAPTORIOUS is on a distinguished road
    Great that its running again!!! That is what counts! =))

Junior Member Yodocq is on a distinguished road Yodocq's Avatar
    I'm glad to see QL back,was unsure what's going on.Hope all will turn well and we will see lot of GG.
    And one thing:I don't see reason to compensate anyone 'cuz sh!t happens.
    Life goes on,let's play now.

Junior Member mast3r is on a distinguished road
    Compensation for a meezly 2 days down should not be necessary, considering most played for free for how long? Its a shame they have to give back, what, 25 cents to make people happy?
    Last edited by mast3r; 05-02-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Junior Member Maverick is on a distinguished road Maverick's Avatar
    Not need compensation, keep the good work and thanks

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    i think he means compensate for the paying customers, but really there isn't a need

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mast3r View Post
    Compensation for a meezly 2 days down should not be necessary, considering most played for free for how long? Its a shame they have to give back, what, 25 cents to make people happy?
    Generally I'd agree with this, although it's common practice for compensation for an unexpected downtime. If it was preplanned downtime, then they wouldn't be obligated to do something to the paying customers. Additionally, the free Premium week (That I'm just assuming is coming, but is not guaranteed) would be nice to give activity to gametypes that don't have as large a playerbase as others (Read as "Not CA").

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    It's good to see QL back, but you could improve how you handle the downtime.

The info on the web site was:
    "Watch these great QUAKE LIVE videos while you wait" with a link to ql video by someone, not ql developer so no new info there. The only other link was... esrb.org

Most of the ql players were left without any info what is happening, at first it looked just like a new content downtime that should last a few hours max.
    The status updates were on twitter, irc, and were posted on esr (because ql official forum as always goes down on the maintenance time).

I suggest (for the future downtimes) adding links on the maintenance-quakelive page to places with updated info, maybe also updating it directly there, like the one sentence that appeared later: "We are down as we resolve issues with the site."

http://helios.elementfx.com/qldown/

Junior Member Funeral is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the update.

Junior Member spirit_of_error is on a distinguished road spirit_of_error's Avatar
    .ar location still down , fix pls.

+ Reply to Thread