+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warping

Junior Member hezimoe22 is on a distinguished road

Warping

One individual was crying throughout several matches( which he was winning by the way)about someone was warping along with botting! What is warping? I think this person was just a spoiled raging child with some problems!

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hezimoe22 View Post
    I think this person was just a spoiled raging child with some problems!
    Chances are that you are right!
    What we call warping is when an enemy model doesn't have a smooth visual progression in his movement. So appearing at X then Z instead of X then Y then Z, if you get the idea. Several things can make it happen :
    - High packet loss from the warping client.
    - High jitter from the warping client.
    - Very bad framerate from the warping client.
    - High packet loss/jitter from the client noticing this visual problem (as server packets don't reach it or reach it too late).
    - Reduction of the frame buffer from the client noticing this visual problem (with timenudge on this client).

*S1LVERBACK
    were u playing in a T4 FFA server? I think we all know who this individual is. he is well known for his constant "warpers" whinning. next time just tell him to shut it and seek anger management. whenever he doesn't "pwn" the server in matches, he resorts to these"warping" excuses and oh btw he claims to have the best "ears" in the business.You could call it aimbot ears then.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-07-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Junior Member hezimoe22 is on a distinguished road
    thx all yeah this guy was crying the entire time he was playing and the thing is , he was winning? Go figure ? /

Member Hadrian is on a distinguished road
    The most ridiculus warp is when the enemys model is smooth (especially with low pingers) and when u shoot a nice rocket he suddenly appears elswere happens all the time 2 me, cant help raging offcourse (i ping 70).

Also many people use wi-fi which has some strange small warp.

The netcode has to be rethinked.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Also many people use wi-fi which has some strange small warp.
    Like me!
    It's not exactly convenient to plug cords when you're playing on your laptop which you move places frequently.
    Sorry for warping, but rest assured: The wifi users take damage as well, I actually find ping 18-26 with nasty spikes worse than a smooth and steady 40ms connection :/

The netcode has to be rethinked.
    Easier said than done probably
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

+ Reply to Thread