+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weird rocket explosion bug

Junior Member Dast is on a distinguished road

Weird rocket explosion bug

So, im experiencing a weird graphic bug regarding rocket explosions.

Basically what happens is about halfway through the explosion animation, the whole explosion/cloud/whatever disappears for half a second and then pops up again to finish the explosion animation. It somewhat looks like it's "flickering". Quite hard to explain...

Now the weird part is, it never happens to my own rockets, only to the rockets of other players on the server and even then only about half of the time.

I've tried re-installing quake, resetting everything, etc. Still cant fix it. Im guessing it is related to one of the graphic commands regarding FX effects. Any ideas?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I replied you on ESR about it here: http://www.esreality.com/post/241659...explosion-bug/
    Last edited by Lorfa; 05-01-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Wrong link

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Lorfa, is that the correct link?

Dast, does that happen on a freshly spawned server? Because what you describe is very similar to what happens on a long-running servers (like the 1FCTF samplers or some other publics). In that case, animations are "jerky" and the rocket explosion animation has additional frame blinking after it's supposed to be over.

Junior Member Dast is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post

Dast, does that happen on a freshly spawned server? Because what you describe is very similar to what happens on a long-running servers (like the 1FCTF samplers or some other publics). In that case, animations are "jerky" and the rocket explosion animation has additional frame blinking after it's supposed to be over.
    He is talking about this thread: http://www.esreality.com/post/241659...explosion-bug/

And yeah, pretty sure it has never happened on a freshly spawned server. It is pretty much what Lorfa explained in the thread i linked above.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dast View Post
    And yeah, pretty sure it has never happened on a freshly spawned server. It is pretty much what Lorfa explained in the thread i linked above.
    But what Lorfa and me talked about, and what Cyrax explained from code side, doesn't happen on a freshly spawned server. Your problem has to be something else then.

Maybe you should follow the advice and record how it looks like.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    No, sorry. Edited.

what Cyrax explained from code side
    I think Cyrax is talking about something else entirely..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I think Cyrax is talking about something else entirely..
    No, same thing. What we observe is one of the effects of server time losing precision over time.

+ Reply to Thread