+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Premium Pak 17 Content Preview

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Didn`t know that map was released yet....Cough Cough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Member PitValid is an unknown quantity at this point
    looks nice

Senior Member fantazia is on a distinguished road
    Nobody play the new Quake Live Maps....
    Plz bring Ra3 Map 11 Arena 2,Dm6++ and all other Ra3 Maps!!!!!!!

*Arbitrary37
    They are allready implemented ^^, but you dont get them all at once with the new map pool system. If you go premium you can play them.

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    all ra3 maps are not released, nor is Dm6++ even with premium/pro if you goto start a match demo (if it still exists) you should see all ql maps (some maps dont show for all modes...)

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Yes, playing Fatal Instinct and Arena Gate in 4v4 is the same thing as playing Infinity or Reflux in CTF. I can see it clearly now.
    Of course it's not, (and I personally have no problems with the maps either), but if you keep voting those, you will end up alone on your server pretty soon, just like how you would do with voting for Fatal Instinct on a TDM server.... so the conclusion is kinda the same: those maps doesn't really count.

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    And this is exactly why Quake as an IP does not have a future.

Junior Member matr1x is on a distinguished road
    You have also to consider that TDM gets more love from its players, not from id. The new tdm map Arcane Citadel was made by Yellack, a mapper whos also responsible for Purgatory and Limbus, two of the main maps played. So, I wouldnt say id cares more about tdm, tdm player care about tdm.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cityy View Post
    And this is exactly why Quake as an IP does not have a future.
    I can't agree with that at all, and I think it’s always nice and to have new maps. Even if they are not the most important tools to make the game better, they still increase diversity a lot, which keeps old players around.
    Egoist and elitist junkies who socialized on wcp9 (I love the map btw, so it's not about that) won't change but newcomers would if they could have an opportunity and time to learn the game. The problem is that if they won't get kicked and flamed because their ping or skill (no this was not a joke sadly, but a real thing), they will surely get destroyed verbally and banned right at the moment when they vote a non-desired map. The hostile and rude behavior of some group/individuals is what's killing our loved game and not the "map-problem" imo.

People can find an other game in 10 seconds, and they will simply never come back if their early experience feels like a colonoscopy, (let alone recommending the game to their friends.)

So no, the new maps (including yours) are nice to have and thanks for those=)

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cityy View Post
    This is not a question of more or less love. TDM has been getting maps because there are community members who make them (akm, yellack, bst, swelt, shadow).
    CTF is just much weaker in that regard. Generally, I have the feeling that the readiness in the CTF community (except for a few individuals) is weaker in terms of pushing for a better experience and diversity.

QuakeLive is a game where the community has the ability to take things in hand, it just needs to be done.
    In QL there are more classic tdm maps than ctf.

CTF would have been much more played if id had added cp9, cp17, cp18 and cp22 when the game was released. At that time id chose to put all their effort into getting some classic duel maps instead.

In-house maps (from idsoftware/syncerror, not the community) don't matter as much as classic maps in any mod. Fact is the vast majority of activity in all mods is in classic maps.

And it is true that the current community mappers like tdm more than ctf, no contest, and that the maps from cityy, yellack and akm are all awesome. Thing is if there's no current q3 ctf maps going to be added then love should come from adding classics, especially considering the ztn/aerowalk of ctf is still not in the game after 5 years.
    Last edited by megaman3; 04-27-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread