+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Premium Pak 17 Content Preview

Junior Member garbol is on a distinguished road
    TDM gets much more love than CTF in quake live.
    it's because TDM maps are good for other gametypes (fe. FT, CA, TDM, FFA)
    so u build 1 map for TDM and instantly u get map for 4 modes

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    This is not a question of more or less love. TDM has been getting maps because there are community members who make them (akm, yellack, bst, swelt, shadow).
    CTF is just much weaker in that regard. Generally, I have the feeling that the readiness in the CTF community (except for a few individuals) is weaker in terms of pushing for a better experience and diversity.

QuakeLive is a game where the community has the ability to take things in hand, it just needs to be done.

Member shady15 is on a distinguished road
    no one plays ctf now altho i remeber 7 month ago it was the most loved in ql ever it was like 4 servers in ctf running in each location :\ i miss it but when i got in no one is there

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    more domination maps

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Not only is that a lie, it's a huge one.

Let's look what happened in QL after the initial Q3+TA map pack was released with open beta.

TDM got 0 in-house maps and I guess 3 contracted maps in QL (Leviathan, Dies Irae, Tornado), plus 2 from mapping competitions (Dreadful Place and Terminatria, the latter was brought in as duel arena!) We have mostly rejected the 4 old Q3 maps (Deep Inside, Intervention, Realm of Steel Rats, Foolish Legacy).

But our community (actually 4 people) made 4 new maps (Purgatory, Terminus, Limbus, Arcane Citadel), with 2 more being developed right now!

CTF got 4 in-house maps (Ironworks, Siberia, Stonekeep, Reflux), 2 competition (Infinity, Fluorescent) and 2 contracted maps (Double Impact, Cold Cathode) and 8 classic Q3 maps (Blood Lust, Camper Crossings, Courtyard, Finnegan's, Industrial Accident, Japanese Castles, Shining Forces, Spider Crossings) plus terrain and space maps!

So if you look at both id's involvement and raw numbers, CTF actually got more love. I won't even mention what sponge says about TDM ;)

Why does CTF community keep playing 3 maps exclusively while getting 3-4 maps yearly is another thing.
    Last edited by Lam; 04-26-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by shady15 View Post
    no one plays ctf now altho i remeber 7 month ago it was the most loved in ql ever it was like 4 servers in ctf running in each location :\ i miss it but when i got in no one is there
    Adding ctf-ELO was the final blow imo,(but it can be just a coincidence too). Now it takes hours to fill a premium server sometimes, and it usually turns out a bad whine/kick or quit-fest when you are lucky and when you can actually manage to do it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Why does CTF community keep playing 3 maps exclusively while getting 3-4 maps yearly is another thing.
    Please mate

You know it quite well that the CTF community doesn't play on most of the maps because the very same reason why the TDM community never plays on Fatal Instict, Arena Gate(, etc ....) and a zillion other maps what are available in the TDM map pool. You know it very well that map matters a lot, especially in an objective-oriented mode, where the map defines the locations of the two main objectives, let alone the routes between them.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikaruga View Post
    Fatal Instict, Arena Gate(, etc ....) and a zillion other maps what are available in the TDM map pool.
    Yes, playing Fatal Instinct and Arena Gate in 4v4 is the same thing as playing Infinity or Reflux in CTF. I can see it clearly now.

Member RUCH3DiON is on a distinguished road RUCH3DiON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shady15 View Post
    yes domination (L)
    Quien Me iba A Decir
    RUCH3DiDON
    Youtube GentLy2Quake

Junior Member jdktoo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    yea.. a spinning flat, how extra-ordinary :P

+ Reply to Thread