+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Premium Pak 17 Content Preview

Hybrid View

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

Quake Live Premium Pak 17 Content Preview

Check out the preview of new content coming soon to Quake Live! http://www.quakelive.com/#!preview/qlpp17

Last edited by SyncError; 04-24-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    new maps...yummy. No hint of a release date I suppose?
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by intheway View Post
    new maps...yummy. No hint of a release date I suppose?
    I'd guess it'd be next Tuesday, but I don't actually know for sure.

Member xll38 is on a distinguished road xll38's Avatar
    no CTF?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by xll38 View Post
    no CTF?

TDM gets much more love than CTF in quake live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member xll38 is on a distinguished road xll38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    From id software, No Doubt !

I reconsider quitting ql, tbh.

Junior Member garbol is on a distinguished road
    it's because TDM maps are good for other gametypes (fe. FT, CA, TDM, FFA)
    so u build 1 map for TDM and instantly u get map for 4 modes

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    This is not a question of more or less love. TDM has been getting maps because there are community members who make them (akm, yellack, bst, swelt, shadow).
    CTF is just much weaker in that regard. Generally, I have the feeling that the readiness in the CTF community (except for a few individuals) is weaker in terms of pushing for a better experience and diversity.

QuakeLive is a game where the community has the ability to take things in hand, it just needs to be done.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cityy View Post
    This is not a question of more or less love. TDM has been getting maps because there are community members who make them (akm, yellack, bst, swelt, shadow).
    CTF is just much weaker in that regard. Generally, I have the feeling that the readiness in the CTF community (except for a few individuals) is weaker in terms of pushing for a better experience and diversity.

QuakeLive is a game where the community has the ability to take things in hand, it just needs to be done.
    In QL there are more classic tdm maps than ctf.

CTF would have been much more played if id had added cp9, cp17, cp18 and cp22 when the game was released. At that time id chose to put all their effort into getting some classic duel maps instead.

In-house maps (from idsoftware/syncerror, not the community) don't matter as much as classic maps in any mod. Fact is the vast majority of activity in all mods is in classic maps.

And it is true that the current community mappers like tdm more than ctf, no contest, and that the maps from cityy, yellack and akm are all awesome. Thing is if there's no current q3 ctf maps going to be added then love should come from adding classics, especially considering the ztn/aerowalk of ctf is still not in the game after 5 years.
    Last edited by megaman3; 04-27-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Not only is that a lie, it's a huge one.

Let's look what happened in QL after the initial Q3+TA map pack was released with open beta.

TDM got 0 in-house maps and I guess 3 contracted maps in QL (Leviathan, Dies Irae, Tornado), plus 2 from mapping competitions (Dreadful Place and Terminatria, the latter was brought in as duel arena!) We have mostly rejected the 4 old Q3 maps (Deep Inside, Intervention, Realm of Steel Rats, Foolish Legacy).

But our community (actually 4 people) made 4 new maps (Purgatory, Terminus, Limbus, Arcane Citadel), with 2 more being developed right now!

CTF got 4 in-house maps (Ironworks, Siberia, Stonekeep, Reflux), 2 competition (Infinity, Fluorescent) and 2 contracted maps (Double Impact, Cold Cathode) and 8 classic Q3 maps (Blood Lust, Camper Crossings, Courtyard, Finnegan's, Industrial Accident, Japanese Castles, Shining Forces, Spider Crossings) plus terrain and space maps!

So if you look at both id's involvement and raw numbers, CTF actually got more love. I won't even mention what sponge says about TDM ;)

Why does CTF community keep playing 3 maps exclusively while getting 3-4 maps yearly is another thing.
    Last edited by Lam; 04-26-2013 at 10:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread