+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something weird

*xPenguin

Something weird

Hey guys!
    I wonder if any of you know what do to in this case.I've started to play again the game since almost 1 month.Game worked fine w.o any lag but today something weird happened.The game lags and it's not because of ping.Can any of you help me ?I'll really appreciate

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    I have found out since ive been here,all servers are not equal.Some fast? Some slow.And at different times,and not consistant.That is the only time I have had problems.It was even like that back in the beggining of Quake online gaming.Infact all online game sites.Otherwise thats all I got.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    What do you mean exactly by "lag" then? Framerate drop? Look with cg_drawFPS 1.

*xPenguin
    My fps also dropped from 80-90 ,sometimes 100 to 30-40.The game moves slower that what I mean by the lag.Its more difficult to aim and to move ,it has an late reaction to say like that

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Make sure there aren't background processes hogging your CPU as you play. Include All User processes in your task manager and sort them by CPU usage. Another thing you could try is to update your drivers or revert them to an older version.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xPenguin View Post
    My fps also dropped from 80-90 ,sometimes 100 to 30-40.The game moves slower that what I mean by the lag.Its more difficult to aim and to move ,it has an late reaction to say like that
    make sure you force vsync off in your ati/nvid control panel
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*xPenguin
    Flash and Adderall thanks for the reply but I am not an expert in Pc's so .I updated my drivers but nothing (only my nvidia display adapter) and it did nothing.About the CPU what do you mean to sort them? and Adder xD I don't really know how to ,,force vxync off'' .If you guys can explain I 'll appreciate it

I assume you are on Windows Vista/7.
    Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc. Go on the "Processes" tab. Click on "Show all users processes" or whatever sounds like this. Then click on the head of the CPU usage percentage column twice. The processes should now be sorted in descending order of their CPU usage. Now play and watch the top processes. If something appears and eats a lot of CPU while you drop frames, this something is the problem.

*xPenguin
    Actually, I am not using windows 7 anymore but I saw something.I have like 3 application processes of chrome on while I am only navigating on only one lol.

Yeah Chrome uses a multi-process architecture. It has the advantage of not blocking it completely when a plugin is hanging or something goes wrong.

http://www.howtogeek.com/124218/why-...pen-processes/

+ Reply to Thread