+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3D support?

Junior Member KNGBLNK is on a distinguished road

3D support?

Hey!
    Uhh... I have two favorite games, quake and unreal tournament. I've been able to play unreal tournament with stereoscopic glasses for a long time. I know that the Doom III BFG addition supports stereoscopic 3d. Are there any plans to bring this to Quake Live? I mean is it hard to add? Or is it just cut and pasting some code?

I started a petition please sign if you would also like to see stereoscopic 3d support in Quake Live

https://www.change.org/petitions/id-...to-quake-live#
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-07-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Isn't there an opengl hook for nvidias 3d vision? With that I was able to test ql in 3d mode at a friends PC. Looked ugly tho due to the 2d HUD.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea.But that would mean having seperate rooms just for that.We allready have servers that are empty that could be used,but that would spread the player base even further.Also there would not be enough players to make it worth while for ID to setup.
    Last edited by lowlife1; 04-24-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    I know 3d works for doom 3, if you set some strange settings in the menu. OP just google "opengl and nvidia 3d" you will find your answer why opengl and 3d dont work together
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member KNGBLNK is on a distinguished road

Cool Humans inhabit Mars by 2023. QuakeLive supports 3d Vision glasses by 2025!

I just don't like that quake doesn't support stereoscopic glasses. I mean every new game does. Max Payne 3, Unreal Tournament 3, Duke Nukem 3d. And a whole bunch more. ID needs to catch up with the rest of the developers. Don't get me wrong I love quake but it does need 3d vision support.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Q2 had that back in late 1997.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    opengl and stereoscopic dont play nice together
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    Humans inhabit Mars by 2023
    lol, I thought it will be about some John Carmack's project

btw quake3 has 3d support since 2005:
    http://ioquake3.org
    "Anaglyph stereo rendering (for viewing with 3D glasses)"
    It works, but is rarely used. q3/ql even without 3d mode is already enough eye strain.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    You can use 3DVision with most fullscreen 3D applications whether they support it or not (I can play GameCube games in 3D with Dolphin). The problem with QL is that it's launched through the browser, and setting FF/Chrome/whatever to use 3DVision in the Nvidia control panel doesn't do anything.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    ez.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...quake-live-3d/

Download the opengl32.dll, put in firefox directory, have fun.

Edit: I managed to play QL in 3d with 3dvision at a friends PC. I don't own 3d glasses myself. However, I know that hook worked. It was awful to me though, because the 2d crosshair won't quite work, and the 3d-crosshair from nvidia driver is awkward at best. Plus, the complete HUD is still rendered as 2d right infront of your eyes. But maybe it got better...
    Last edited by malk_; 05-02-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread