+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: QuakeLive is off the hook yo!

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiSharQuake View Post
    I don't even know how to do that......How do you set a filter in QLPrism?
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It's the Customize button that's in every Match Browser.
    Oh, wait. I just realized you probably meant the actual "Filters" section. It's (yet another) userscripts.com userscript. It's this.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    @up
    He probably doesn't, because he's referring to "filter" as used by FlashSoul describing the "Game State" "filter" which is a part of QL's server view customisation since, like, forever. And I believe that's set to "Any Game State" by default, which is broken by the way.

Member TaiSharQuake is on a distinguished road
    A I see what you mean, go to Customize and see what it's set to. Never knew about that. Like I said, I logged in, clicked on CA, and saw all 0/ servers, so took a screenshot as I've never it THAT empty before.

So unless QLPrism/QuakeLive decided to randomly set my view to customized to Empty servers only, yeah, they WERE all empty.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Default setting is "Any Game State", I think, BUT the name of this is, frankly, bullcrap. It shows empty servers and server with some people on them. It does NOT show FULL servers. Since people generally prefer to join filled servers rather than wait forever in a empty one, there's a big chance you ran into a situation where there were several 10/10, 8/8 servers (which would NOT show) and the rest were empty. Mystery solved.
    And don't ask me why "Any Game State" setting doesn't show full servers. I do believe it's poop.

/\ experiment!
    Edit: experiment successful. QL boards infraction system proved idiotic. Yey \o/
    Last edited by Limbless_Pony; 05-07-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by TaiSharQuake View Post
    A I see what you mean, go to Customize and see what it's set to. Never knew about that. Like I said, I logged in, clicked on CA, and saw all 0/ servers, so took a screenshot as I've never it THAT empty before.

So unless QLPrism/QuakeLive decided to randomly set my view to customized to Empty servers only, yeah, they WERE all empty.
    It is unlikely that every Clan Arena server in your region was empty at that time. As you can see on the list I took about 1.5 hour after your empty screenshot, there were 10 CA servers with 81 players on them.

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    try starting a public TDM match on Australian servers

+ Reply to Thread