+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Duels

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    You may find this thread an interesting read - regarding timing in duel (and what pros do).
    It is from 2010, but is probably still pretty relevant.
    Always thought it interesting that cypher only times mega (at least that was the 2010 cypher).

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...he-items/page2
    Last edited by drunkenFooL; 04-23-2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: spelling error corrected

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Well zeroql is a banned confirmed cheater after all, involved in cheat creation too.

Another way to make things easier is to use that command that at the bottom left of the screen displays when you pick an item. Setting it on 7 shows the second you took it, hence making it pretty easy to time by the second. It was forbidden to use in some tournaments.

I remember rapha said recently that he can time up to 5 items to the second while at the same time counting the opponent's ammo. Spartie is another great 'timer'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Flanger is on a distinguished road Flanger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Well zeroql is a banned confirmed cheater after all, involved in cheat creation too.

Another way to make things easier is to use that command that at the bottom left of the screen displays when you pick an item. Setting it on 7 shows the second you took it, hence making it pretty easy to time by the second. It was forbidden to use in some tournaments.

I remember rapha said recently that he can time up to 5 items to the second while at the same time counting the opponent's ammo. Spartie is another great 'timer'.
    You mean timestamps? I've disabled them. Why bother with small timestamp texts, when you have big timer placed right in center of your hud I have different problem, not the calculation of time. Mostly I pick items and can calculate times, but after 10 seconds that time flies out of my head. I just completely forget what I've calculated like seconds ago. Even with only mega, I forget it This happens if opponent is same/better skilled, else if I blatantly outaim my foe, then I'm not tense, not worrying about mistakes and it becomes easy to time even both mega and red.

I think av3k is also great timer. I remember watching him timing shards and even 50 health bubbles

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanger View Post
    I have different problem, not the calculation of time. Mostly I pick items and can calculate times, but after 10 seconds that time flies out of my head. I just completely forget what I've calculated like seconds ago. Even with only mega, I forget it This happens if opponent is same/better skilled, else if I blatantly outaim my foe, then I'm not tense, not worrying about mistakes and it becomes easy to time even both mega and red.
    Omg, just this ^^^
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member quiet_L is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Do you not see the giant sliders at the top that controls how fast it goes?

This is what it's supposed to look like: https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/201/evl.png
    Haha, nope. Stupid browser here at work. I see the boxes to drag but no slider. :P Oh well, i'll check it out at home or something

edit: updated java and flash and got it working in a new browser. i'm not sure if it's the 3 people around me talking very loudly on the phone, the radio playing at my co-worker's desk, or my brain just being stupid, but I can't even figure the majority of these out in 5 seconds This is so frustrating. I was able to do this just fine the other day. Now it feels like a log is lodged in my brain.
    Last edited by quiet_L; 04-23-2013 at 11:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread