+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think they should remove the in-game renaming text or let /block block it.

Junior Member vine is on a distinguished road vine's Avatar

I think they should remove the in-game renaming text or let /block block it.

There's no shortage of bored attention seekers in CA so I use the block function quite a lot. Unfortunately, it does nothing against people spamming /name whatever /name WhateveR etc in console. I can't think of any reason to display the change at all considering that you can only change color and capitalization in QL. It's just unneeded clutter and is easily abused.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 04-23-2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Removed link with names

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Sounds like a good idea.
    You can always report these players to support@quakelive.com and they'll get banned though.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    F1
    I don't see why it's important to show people changing their colors when the name is still the same. If the name were entirely changing, then I'd see why it's ok.

However, as FlashSoul said, if you send an email to support@quakelive.com with a demo, they can get warned/banned for spamming them.

Support Sasparillo is on a distinguished road Sasparillo's Avatar
    Yes, please report players when they spam chat like this. Although not explicitly forbidden, it is prohibited in the Terms of Use, under the last point of User Conduct.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    cg_teamchatsonly "1" just bind that to a key - q2 had a good system to prevent people from spamming, I'm surprised ql doesnt
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    cg_teamchatsonly "1" just bind that to a key - q2 had a good system to prevent people from spamming, I'm surprised ql doesnt
    QL probably wasn't able to use it because it could've caused issues with another section of the game (Specifically, I have no clue. It'd just make sense if that were the case)

+ Reply to Thread