+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does being logged on forums, Facebook, twitter etc... type things cause game lag?

*zzbios

Does being logged on forums, Facebook, twitter etc... type things cause game lag?

I have wondered this cause I am logged on several forums

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It probably affects it slightly, but unless you've got about 2000 tabs open, I doubt it will affect anything significantly.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Mostly not, but I'd be careful with any sites that have rotating ads where there may be transfers going on in the background as they could lag you.

As far as FPS I don't really take a performance hit as far as I know. Maybe if I ran some browser games it would.

I'm someone who doesn't leave things open though really, with the exception of chrome open to its speed-dial plug-in, and irc.

*zzbios
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Mostly not, but I'd be careful with any sites that have rotating ads where there may be transfers going on in the background as they could lag you.

As far as FPS I don't really take a performance hit as far as I know. Maybe if I ran some browser games it would.

I'm someone who doesn't leave things open though really, with the exception of chrome open to its speed-dial plug-in, and irc.

I didn't have to have fire fox to download prism got a clean stand alone without any browser wanting to come with it, do you use quake live prism?

That has to help the processor out cause it's like I say a stand alone program just the game, no browser in the background

I do notice when people join a game server at times I get a slight lag

Senior Member YourDead is on a distinguished road
    Depends on connection speed.

Are you using high speed cable modem for instance?
    If so not a factor.

A few websites like Fox News, and others will ping out to you computer and refresh the
    web page every so often.

So, its best to just close down all web pages and programs while playing.

+ Reply to Thread