+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LG weapon script help! =]

Junior Member Zambezi is on a distinguished road

LG weapon script help! =]

Hey everybody, i was a qw player for years, and i'm not really familiar on how to set up my LG scrpit in QL! Was posting to see if anyone could shed some light for me .

Here's my deal, I basically want my LG to fire when i hit the bound key,(which is space) (as opposed to switching to LG when the bound key is pressed, then having to fire using mouse 1)

If anyone could just post a reply with the alias line that would be awesome!

Happy fragging >;]

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambezi View Post
    Hey everybody, i was a qw player for years, and i'm not really familiar on how to set up my LG scrpit in QL! Was posting to see if anyone could shed some light for me .
    QW was my previous game before QL.

Here's my deal, I basically want my LG to fire when i hit the bound key,(which is space) (as opposed to switching to LG when the bound key is pressed, then having to fire using mouse 1)
    Sure, but keep in mind that this isn't the same animal in QL because the weapon switch is not instant (except in PQL).

Also in qw there is the sg script that is often in use (or setting in the later clients) where you fire and it switches to sg to prevent someone from getting an RL out of your pack. In that situation you can do something like shoot rockets with mouse1, and LG with space, SSG with F or what have you, and it always switches back to the sg automatically.

This isn't going to work in QL so much because of the switch time, although it could be done I believe.

If anyone could just post a reply with the alias line that would be awesome!
    alias +lg "weapon 6 ; +attack"
    alias -lg "-attack"
    bind space +lg

Junior Member Zambezi is on a distinguished road
    Woo! Thanks a lot lorfa, i have noticed the delay in QL as opposed to QW as far as the weapon switch is concerned, but ima give a whirl anyway! Once again thanks a ton for your help!

cheers!

+ Reply to Thread