+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wow

*Shockerl0l

Wow

Haven't played Quake in a long time and when I discovered this site a few days ago I must say that I am impressed with game play, pretty much same feel as Q3. Being a hardcore Q3 player back in the day till about 2003 with 10k plus hours, I'm surprised I never heard of quake live. I pretty much stopped playing than and never looked back as all my friends moved on to something else or whatever.

I'm looking at getting a Pro sub but for 3.99 a month its totally not worth it, maybe 20-30 bucks tops a year for Pro membership is all its worth IMO since I own Q3 can play for free right now if I installed it and right now it looks like only "back in the day" players are playing it, but I could be wrong. I know u want more players and this game totally deserves it as its still the only online game that I would even consider playing.

Think about lower cost and up the advertising, this game deserves more attention.
    Last edited by Shockerl0l; 04-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Truly, you should only get a PRO subscription if you want to host a server.
    If you want to have the ability to play any gametype/map/mod any time, then you need a Premium subscription.

Otherwise you are limited to a monthly rotation of maps and mods. Unless you get invited by a PRO subscriber.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    You really dont have to buy anything if you dont want.And yes I have a copy from back then.But its no fun playing by yourself.And as far as getting a Sub,,I have a Pro Sub for the main sole reason for support.Others for different reasons....Welcome Home....

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    lowlife1,

What do you mean by support?
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

*Shockerl0l
    Yeah, I know you can play for free but I really want ability to pick my own maps and server type and choose who I want to play with. Im FFA kinda guy and used to love one on one, Q3dm17, my fav.

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    As far as that ,I cant help.Its all your decision.We are stuck with what we have.I dont mind Paying a little for something I like to play........And as far as support,,Did it for Gamespy,and ill do it again.Besides its not breaking my Bank,and at this price its a steal in my oppinion.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockerl0l View Post
    Yeah, I know you can play for free but I really want ability to pick my own maps and server type.
    That thing would be far from free with Q3 though. Yet it doesn't mean Pro subscriptions couldn't be cheaper, I guess.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    I doubt pro subs should/could be cheaper. I payed more in a year for my 4 slot quake 3 server back in the days. If anything there should be an upgrade to pro subs to have persistent servers and more options (like naming a server, persistent banlists, oplists, server stats, etc)
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    I doubt pro subs should/could be cheaper. I payed more in a year for my 4 slot quake 3 server back in the days. If anything there should be an upgrade to pro subs to have persistent servers and more options (like naming a server, persistent banlists, oplists, server stats, etc)

You cannot compare what you paid for a server in Q3 to a pro membership in QLive; in Q3 your server ran 24/7 - hardly the case here.

Naturally the price of the Q3 server hosting added up to considerably more over the course of a year compared to a yearly membership of QLive.

Perhaps once they add all those options you suggested in your upgrade it'll be even less of a comparison worth making. :~p
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member everamzah is on a distinguished road everamzah's Avatar
    I like it when people mention how they've previously bought Quake 3 and as such, they can go and play that for free. That's a strange sentence for a few reasons.

1.) You can't play it for free, since you bought it.
    2.) Quake LIVE has some people playing. So if you go off and just play Quake 3, you will be alone.
    3.) Paying for Q3 doesn't entitle you to every other Quake game for free, no matter how identical they may appear.

Pro subs are 50 bux a year. Either you find this game to be worth it, or you don't. If all you want is access to premium content it's 25 bux a year.

If you are content playing w/e is standard and populated, it's FREE! Isn't that something?

gl, best wishes

+ Reply to Thread