+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help fast can't play pratice or normal games

*lordjaffa

Need help fast can't play pratice or normal games

Having serious problems with quake i have downloaded Mozillafirefox and quake but when I am in practive or match mode the screen jirks that much i can't even move I had an account with quake for 3 years there but was inactive for 7 months so my account has been deleted so I have started again my ex sorted my account last time as I am not great with computers not sure if i need to download something else for quake so it runs properly i had no problems with my last account apart from lag here and there can a fellow quaker please help I am chocking to get in playing again please HELP not sure what the problem is last account worked fine with Mozillafirefox hope somebody can give me some advice cheers I can't even do training mode it just jirks and is so slow I can't even move the sound even keeps repeating the same noises only thing i can do is quit even that takes about 20 clicks on exit before I can get out the game or mode I am in this is a total nightmare help
    Last edited by lordjaffa; 04-16-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added more information

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Yikes...

Reformat that please and someone will get back to you.

Commas and periods are your friend. :~p
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    Yikes...

Reformat that please and someone will get back to you.

Commas and periods are your friend. :~p
    Yeah, I'd completely ignored it earlier because I couldn't read it; it was just a wall of text.

All I'm understanding is that it's an issue with Firefox not working...and then I tune out from the wall of text.

*lordjaffa
    Just read the text for god sake sigh read the words you don't need full stops and commas do you need me to tell you when to take a breath? It's not a report or essay just read it if you can't understand text then you won't be able to help anyway

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjaffa View Post
    Just read the text for god sake sigh read the words you don't need full stops and commas do you need me to tell you when to take a breath? It's not a report or essay just read it if you can't understand text then you won't be able to help anyway
    Sorry, guess you don't want help then. We can't help it if you can't take the 5 seconds to make things understandable to other people.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjaffa View Post
    Having serious problems with quake i have downloaded Mozillafirefox and quake but when I am in practive or match mode the screen jirks that much i can't even move I had an account with quake for 3 years there but was inactive for 7 months so my account has been deleted so I have started again my ex sorted my account last time as I am not great with computers not sure if i need to download something else for quake so it runs properly i had no problems with my last account apart from lag here and there can a fellow quaker please help I am chocking to get in playing again please HELP not sure what the problem is last account worked fine with Mozillafirefox hope somebody can give me some advice cheers I can't even do training mode it just jirks and is so slow I can't even move the sound even keeps repeating the same noises only thing i can do is quit even that takes about 20 clicks on exit before I can get out the game or mode I am in this is a total nightmare help
    Go to the console (CTRL+ALT+~)

Type in:

cg_drawFPS 1

(Press enter) (hit ~ again to close the console)

Then look around in the game, there should be a number in the top right hand corner. What does it read?

If it's 1 fps then update your graphics drivers, or reinstall them.

If it's not then we can look into other solutions (but do tell us the number).

+ Reply to Thread