+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen 'tabbing' while playing

Junior Member JonStatiK is on a distinguished road

Screen 'tabbing' while playing

Every game I play I have a VERY irritating issue. It's very random and I'm unable to duplicate it at will as it just happens. I play in full screen mode and when I'm playing and firing/shooting with the mouse I'll 40% of the time i'd say the full screened ql window will 'tab' down and I still see the window and the game footage happening but my mouse cursor is present and I cant send any actions. Only options I have is to click and hope it brings it back to the 'front' and even then it doesnt always work.

Any ideas? It's very annoying and I cant stand it anymore.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonStatiK View Post
    Every game I play I have a VERY irritating issue. It's very random and I'm unable to duplicate it at will as it just happens. I play in full screen mode and when I'm playing and firing/shooting with the mouse I'll 40% of the time i'd say the full screened ql window will 'tab' down and I still see the window and the game footage happening but my mouse cursor is present and I cant send any actions. Only options I have is to click and hope it brings it back to the 'front' and even then it doesnt always work.

Any ideas? It's very annoying and I cant stand it anymore.
    This only happens to me when a background process cuts in, which luckily is pretty rare. I use this free antivirus avira, and because it's free it sometimes has these ads for itself pop up, like a couple times a day. Sometimes I'll be playing and it will cause exactly the behavior you describe.

Alt+tab does nothing in-game for me.

You can disable the windows key with winkey_disable 1.

If you played windowed I would suspect some kind of browser short cut functions, but you don't so this isn't the case.

So yeah, I would definitely scrutinize your background processes to see if you can determine what's going on.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    ^^What Lorfa said. I have had some similar issues. Many in fact, beacaue I started playing QL recently on a new laptop that was loaded with background garbage. Google "Process Explorer", a program that will help you analyze what is going on with your computer when you're not looking. If you're using Windows, then you know that the Task Manager doesn't get into the details...this program will, and help you free up some resources as well as determine what is essential and what is not.

+ Reply to Thread