+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [CA-T4] demo linked - please criticize. I want to improve. N2

*N1cKn01T

[CA-T4] demo linked - please criticize. I want to improve. N2

Hello, hello dear Quakers.

As our comrade quiet_L, I have a doubt about my current level, I often spend Tier 3 to Tier 4, without too many reasons (I think).

In Tier 3 (I have little time) I too easily kills another without enjoying it.

In Tier 4, I normally play, I do not have a huge ratio and not too low, I'm in the "standard", but I do not know what I descend as soon as I got back.

For this, I have a record taken in a completely random game (me being the last to fall under the hand) do a part in Tier 4. I do not play very well, and I do not play too badly in this part, I think being in "my normal days." I want you to tell me if there is something better. Brain, Skill, Moove? It is up to you to tell me.

I look at a record that SIAS is painful, and not necessarily fun, but to all those who have the desire, courage, patience, I made ​​a call for help!

Hoping quiet as our comrade-L have answers that will advance em!

Good viewing (and good luck ^ ^)

So I want your opinions, advice you, your reviews (and your insults hihi) improved for me and understand why I can not stay Tier 4.

(sorry for my English, i'm French ^^)

Record: http://www.filedropper.com/1_20

Junior Member Teknician is on a distinguished road
    Met ton vido sur youtube! Personne va downloader a

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Some superficial points:

Shaking the mouse after every missed rail is a bad habit :-)

You must be the only player in all of France with a high sens :-P

A lot of your rocket jumps were a bit too high making you potentially vulnerable to shots. I would definitely tighten them up.

Your weapon selection is is mediocre at best. For example an enemy was at bottom RL and you were LG'ing him instead of using rockets, and he managed to kill you. If you had been using rockets it would have bounced him so bad that he would have been toast. I saw a lot of mid-close range LG'ing in tight corridors when the RL would have been much better.

Despite the "shaking" habit, you had pretty good rail aim.

Your general movement is not bad, you seem able to move quickly when you need to. Even so your strafe jumping doesn't appear to be optimized. I'm sure you could get better speeds from them.

You were unhelpful to your teammates. A few times were cringe worthy. I could hear your teammates being in a nasty battle and you would just stand there waiting to shoot if someone came out of an area or otherwise watching some corner instead of helping. I understand that it's not good to bunch up teammates very close together, but I think you've definitely gone way too far away.

In a situation where your team has two and the enemy has one player left, it's very amateur to get separated from your teammate. This is exactly what the 1v2 guy wants, if he can attack each enemy one at a time then he has winning chances. If he gets 2v1'd he's toast.

Be careful entering a room with the RG/LG selected some distance beforehand. The enemy can hear you coming and act accordingly.

I felt that you wasted a lot of time at that bottom water corridor. Sometimes you would peak quad side, but rarely shoot or do anything of consequence, and most of the time exit water side. This took a lot of time, time that would have been better spent helping teammates.

There's definitely some missing awareness here. Like at 9:30 I was totally certain that the enemy was making their way from water bridge to mega and was going to come out at mid exit towards quad area, so I was surprised when you were like a little unprepared and got killed.

*N1cKn01T
    Hello Lorfa ^ ^ and thanks u for ur reply!

So this is my sensitivity I play 2.51, 800 DPI, 640/480, so I think I have a sensitivity 'average' see 'low' I may be wrong?

I have a bad habit to get upset when I miss a shot at RG ... I must remain calm aprenne but it is not easy! ^ ^

For my rocket jump, yes I am aware of this problem ... I probably lack of experience, I have no idea how to RJ improved if it is to continue to play over and over again.

"Your weapon selection is is mediocre at best. For example enemy year was at bottom and RL You Were LG'ing him INSTEAD of using rockets, and he managed to kill you. If You Had it been using rockets Would have bounced him so bad That he Would have beens toast. I saw a lot of mid-close range in tight corridors LG'ing When the RL Would have beens much better. "
    * i have that inderstand sorry ...

For my Strafe, I'm not good either, especially on this map which admittedly, has nothing to strafe easy! ^ ^

Or something I totally agree, it's my lack of Teamplay in Clan Arena, I do not like this method, and I support very badly most of my dead, because too often "lucky" for my taste. So I confine myself to myself to avoid nervousness.

I do not think the team and did not play for the team (I'm a jerk, you can tell ...)

I think I should give you the record of a CTF match the way I like and what I Mdoe interested in, unlike CA, again, I was stupid ...

Is what I can give you a record of a CTF match (Tier 5)? I think it will be more interesting and useful to work, because I invested in more than CTF Clan Arena.

Are you okay?

IN any case, thank you (again ^ ^) for your help, I take into account what I understood. Thank you again!
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 04-16-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N1cKn01T View Post
    So this is my sensitivity I play 2.51, 800 DPI, 640/480, so I think I have a sensitivity 'average' see 'low' I may be wrong?
    That's fine, I was sort of kidding. Really low sensitivity seems common in France to me for some reason.

That sens is average, and yeah, use what works for you.

I have a bad habit to get upset when I miss a shot at RG ... I must remain calm aprenne but it is not easy! ^ ^
    Happens to all of us :-)

For my Strafe, I'm not good either, especially on this map which admittedly, has nothing to strafe easy! ^ ^
    I agree with you! It's rather cramped in parts.

Or something I totally agree, it's my lack of Teamplay in Clan Arena, I do not like this method, and I support very badly most of my dead, because too often "lucky" for my taste. So I confine myself to myself to avoid nervousness.

I do not think the team and did not play for the team (I'm a jerk, you can tell ...)
    Well not helping the team hurts your winning chances :-)

I think I should give you the record of a CTF match the way I like and what I Mdoe interested in, unlike CA, again, I was stupid ...

Is what I can give you a record of a CTF match (Tier 5)? I think it will be more interesting and useful to work, because I invested in more than CTF Clan Arena.
    Sure I'll take a look. I'm not a super expert at CTF but I usually do very well when I play it.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 04-16-2013 at 05:50 PM.

*N1cKn01T
    Small UP Topic:

For the moment I have not had the opportunity to make a CTF (70 ping in Germany 100 + and elsewhere ...), I have a question for you Lorfa.

Because you know it very well in the field of cvar, I want you to give me your opinion on my sensitivity, if it is balanced.

I 2.21 sensitivity in game, Windows 6, 0 accel, 800dpi, 500Hz, resolution 640/480.

I think is good, and you?

Quote Originally Posted by N1cKn01T View Post
    2.21 sensitivity in game, Windows 6, 0 accel, 800dpi, 500Hz, resolution 640/480. I think is good, and you?
    That's just 23.5 cm/360 with no accel, which is a perfectly normal and completely reasonable sensitivity. 500 Hz is fine, 800 cpi is fine.

Don't fix it if it isn't broken :-)

*N1cKn01T
    Okay, great thank you.

500Hz to 1000hz I mounted up but I do not know if this is really useful having a large base latency due to my ping (70) I have not felt difference between 1000 and 500Hz. it relieves my processor that's something ^ ^

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    ok well, one piece of advice goes out to you for sure nick, so you remember it.

from our game today, if your team has the flag like i did today, and there is a stand-off (map was courtyard). theres no point in you sitting on the mega spawn while i run around dodging the enemy :P

post a demo, i'd be glad to give you some constructive advice in regards of decision making.

edit: one more thing

if you post a demo, post one where you think it was a good match and you are satisfied with the outcome. there will be more chances to tell you where you could have gotten even more out of a situation, than from a demo where everything went wrong. where ya basically can see the errors you made by yourself.

just my advice.
    Last edited by danstar; 04-16-2013 at 11:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread