+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Im back... And what happened to the player base??

*Rangerjr1

Im back... And what happened to the player base??

Hey, i used to play Quakelive before all this premium and pro stuff came. If i recall correctly the player base was a lot bigger back then. Has it been getting smaller and smaller? Is the server list really that small? Im worried Quakelive will become unplayable because of small playerbase

Lighten me up guys.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Well, naturally there are many people who wants freebies and do not want to use pay2play model. But I believe if no subscription would be implemented, there would be no player base at all.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Junior Member searas is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    Well, naturally there are many people who wants freebies and do not want to use pay2play model. But I believe if no subscription would be implemented, there would be no player base at all.
    You are completely wrong, to even utilise the premium features unless you are doing a duel or public server, you wont ever get a match going on a more permanent basis as you will lock out all the public players.

I dont mind people paying for premium, it means i dont have to pay for anything, or stop playing because there is features i wont get. I dont know about those that play QL only but i always have Q3 and mods to fall back upon to test map geometry at will for maps that is not in the public mappool.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerjr1 View Post
    Hey, i used to play Quakelive before all this premium and pro stuff came. If i recall correctly the player base was a lot bigger back then. Has it been getting smaller and smaller? Is the server list really that small? Im worried Quakelive will become unplayable because of small playerbase

Lighten me up guys.
    Just join a server and someone will be along shortly.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Hard to tell. We don't have numbers from before August 2010 and we don't have numbers now. Plus, you never see all the servers. Severs below your tier are usually not listed. And depending on filter options, you see even less servers.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

*Chacruna
    player base is low because the map selection is garbage, there are practically no servers running ra3 maps.

and im not paying premium to join a ra3 map that has no players in it. besides the community doesnt seem to consist of ra3 players.

space camp. what a joke

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chacruna View Post
    space camp. what a joke
    Kind of the point.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Just join a server and someone will be along shortly.
    ^ haha. I love your optimism Lorfa... just be honest w/ the guy .

Yes, the population is getting smaller and smaller, and finding good games is much harder these days w/ the dwindling qlive population. What do you expect from a 12+ year old game?

*Anemoi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerjr1 View Post

Lighten me up guys.
    Well, mr Rangerjr1, i am about to get punished, but its basicly QuakeDead now. If you got your friends IRL or somewhere else who are still commited into this, you are golden. And if not - old times are over. I have my own 2 cents on why do i think so, but this theme is risky and can easily turn into holywar. Overall - the game itself did not change much, but the fine community is gone.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    What's with this ql is dead nonsense. Due to work I only play in the evenings and can always find a match. Standard and pro spawned always have players on them. Premium not so unfortunately. And its not the same old players either, I'm seeing new names every night. Granted, Space camp is not the greatest map ever, but most of the others are pretty decent once you learn them. I think that forcing players to learn new maps is the issue. Nobody wants to leave thier comfort zone and try something different.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

+ Reply to Thread