+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Start game, hear sounds, but see only Server menu/web-browser?

Member WishfulThinking is on a distinguished road

Start game, hear sounds, but see only Server menu/web-browser?

hi. not everytime, but 50/50% of times, I either start a practice match or join an online server and it connects, I can hear all the sounds, But I only see the server menu to join other games. I don't know why it does that, Thats why I'm here to find out.

anyone know why I can only hear action sounds from the game, but only see the browser?.

*m21di
    I have the same problem on my Ubuntu 12.04 x32, web browser - Firefox 18.0.2.
    I read some forums about that problem - here user @unicorn said - "This happens when you have not downloaded the maps yet. "
    I will appreciate if someone helps me
    Last edited by m21di; 02-17-2013 at 07:26 AM.

*m21di
    OK! I found a solution and I hope this will SOLVE your problem like solved mine.
    A player named @phagophobia
    "quakelive not loading any games
    Any game I either join or create simply hangs at a quake logo. My only option is to quit the game. I can hear game sounds as though other players are able to play, but I just see the logo.
    How do I fix this? "
    (the same problem, like on my game)
    Here, in this thread (click to go to forum page) I read and found a solution for me:
    @Lorfa
    "Can you back up your configs, and then reset through the website? (game settings --> reset defaults). That will eliminate the possibility of any cvar killing your renderer..."
    @FlashSoul
    "That's weird. As if frames were rendered but not displayed. Is it the same thing in Fullscreen and window mode? (Alt-Enter to toggle)"
    =====
    My Solution
    1. Game Settings => Reset Defaults
    2. When I hear a game sounds (after game is loaded), press Alt-Enter

I hope this will help someone, like it helped me
    Last edited by m21di; 02-17-2013 at 07:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread