+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lag only when standing still in match??

Junior Member childers is on a distinguished road

Question Lag only when standing still in match??

I've recently switched isp's and have just noticed that when I go into any game on any of the servers I frequent, the lagometer shows spikes in the green and ping rises as soon as I stop moving. As long as I'm hitting +forward, +left, +right, +back, +up, or +down, ping will stay right around 40. It usually doubles or more as soon as I stop pressing one of these commands. I first noticed this while hitting +scores after a death or a round was over, so hitting +scores does not keep my ping stable like +movement does. Any suggestions on trying to fix?

maxpackets 125 and rate 25000 btw

cl_packetdup was set to 0. Changing this to 1 eliminated the lag. Thanks erok!

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    [18:59] <childers> hopefully i will get it fixed tomorrow along with internet
    [18:59] <childers> i keep calling and they just tell me a level 2 tech will call me back
    [18:59] <childers> but im off tomorrow
    [19:01] <Lorfa> ok well if it doesn't let me know we will test
    [19:02] <Lorfa> I would try random keys like non-movement keys or keys bound to "" and see if that makes a difference
    [19:02] <Lorfa> and cl_packetdup values

Although really that still doesn't make much sense.

Like I wrote about in this thread: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=2111864

It barely has any effect.

ahh thanks lorfa!! I think I had given up on fixing it at that point and just figured it was my ISP. Next time we play I will show you the difference on my lagometer between 0 and 1.

+ Reply to Thread