+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rockvillerideson..?

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    I hope you'll look at it this way.... There's absolutely no new playerbase coming into Domination, Harvester, etc.. And this seems to be the only means to get new players to play all the mods... I think they should fix their block function though, and my intent is not to spam, but as of right now, I'm the only one on ql doing this, and perhaps I wouldn't send as many invites if more people started creating servers in these gametypes, since then they would be more alive...

What also doesn't help is that standard players can't see my servers in the browser. If they could then they would message me asking for an invite... Instead, all these standard players who love these games actually need to see my invite to know that I have created this server... I wonder how many times more effective ID actually allowing them to see this in the match browser would be for business..

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    Pro players shouldn't be forced to use invite-spam-scripts to fill their servers.
    Spam is annoying, and getting feedback like in this thread is discouraging, so it's a lose-lose.

This would fix the problem with invitations:
    Standard-slots-on-premium-servers-instead-of-invitations

Quote Originally Posted by mi View Post
    Pro players shouldn't be forced to use invite-spam-scripts to fill their servers.
    Spam is annoying, and getting feedback like in this thread is discouraging, so it's a lose-lose.

This would fix the problem with invitations:
    Standard-slots-on-premium-servers-instead-of-invitations
    There's a big potential Harvester, Domination, A&D, and Infected/Red Rover Playerbase.... I've witnessed people having fun on my servers, but with everything in place right now, it is hard to expand the game...

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    There's a big potential Harvester, Domination, A&D, and Infected/Red Rover Playerbase.... I've witnessed people having fun on my servers, but with everything in place right now, it is hard to expand the game...
    Rockville.. I'm all for you trying to fill the servers. It's a hard thing to do. And I'm glad your trying to get players to play the lesser played games..

Especially Harvester this month. QL picked out the worst map for it (Inner Sanctums).. Having mines on the map and two areas overlooking it (ahoy here comes rocket spam).. It's nothing but a spam fest.. Most new members probably won't play it again.

The script is just annoying.. If it could be changed or modified where we could opt out or opt back in .. Then fantastic. I think your headed in the right direction..
    Last edited by swampy; 04-13-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    The script is just annoying.. If it could be changed or modified where we could opt out or opt back in .. Then fantastic. I think your headed in the right direction..
    I have a friend by the name of qlm who's a bot, who implements .off but I don't know who the author is.. I wonder how he has implemented this in javascript...

Quote Originally Posted by swmapy View Post
    Especially Harvester this month. QL picked out the worst map for it (Inner Sanctums).. Having mines on the map and two areas overlooking it (ahoy here comes rocket spam).. It's nothing but a spam fest.. Most new members probably won't play it again.
    I've gotten rid of mines completely in my Harvester game... All players spawn with what they would in Domination (the regen health has the same settings as DOM too in lieu of powerups)... Personally, I cannot stand mines..
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 04-13-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    yea.. I have the qlm (Quake Live Messenger) in QLprism. You can turn it off by .off once you join the page so no one bothers you.. Or leave it on for invitations. It only gives you a notification if someone see's you..then sends an invite. It doesn't spam you right away.

Your script would be great if it worked the opposite.. Instead of getting hit by an invite right away.. we would have the option of choosing .on to get an invite to your server.. I think that would work well..

If this script could be tweaked.. I'd start doing servers again and using it..
    Last edited by swampy; 04-13-2013 at 04:16 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    I've had numerous people tell me that while I'm playing that i constantly log in and out but no one has told me I was spamming yet.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    If this script could be tweaked.. I'd start doing servers again and using it..
    The thing is that it seems to work for rul3x perfectly... I think it has to do with the number of friends somebody has.. Because I have more than he does..

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPadre View Post
    I've had numerous people tell me that while I'm playing that i constantly log in and out but no one has told me I was spamming yet.
    True, that is technically in game spam

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    My 2cents -- I see the point of the script and when I log on, I get the invite (or 5) automatically. It's sometimes a bit spammy, but so are all the other notifications popping up. When you've got a dozen friends online and in-game, do I really need all those little "Joe is play, join the game!" boxes repeatedly loading? It'd be nice to turn that feature off -- I can already see if my friends are in a game.

Once I'm in a game, I don't see the invites at all. Since I spend most of my time playing rather than staring at the game browser screen, this isn't too spammy for me.

This is one of the only servers being run that plays the newer game types. I always check them out first before falling back to regular old stuffs. So I want to express support to try to keep them going!

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    My 2cents -- I see the point of the script and when I log on, I get the invite (or 5) automatically. It's sometimes a bit spammy, but so are all the other notifications popping up. When you've got a dozen friends online and in-game, do I really need all those little "Joe is play, join the game!" boxes repeatedly loading? It'd be nice to turn that feature off -- I can already see if my friends are in a game.
    You can turn those off.

+ Reply to Thread