+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockvillerideson..?

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar

Rockvillerideson..?

How do I kill that stupid script of yours..? I removed you from my friends list.. But it it keeps popping up everytime I log in to QL... I'm getting pissed off...

No offense to you.. but this is just spam..
    Last edited by swampy; 04-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    I agree! Sorry Rocket, you seem like a decent guy and i think it's great that you run servers all the time. So there's no hate here either.
    It would be tolerable if you could find a way to not make it spam 17 invites over an hours time, once is good enough

Senior Member quiet_L is on a distinguished road
    I wouldn't mind an opt-in feature for these once a week. :-]

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Check your Friend Invite Inbox.
    If he sends you a friend request he can send you the invites, even if you don't accept him as a friend. You have to decline the request.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I unfriended him.

Not to be mean but his servers are usually VA where I'm 85 ms and the perpetual invites thing is weird.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I unfriended him.

Not to be mean but his servers are usually VA where I'm 85 ms and the perpetual invites thing is weird.

Lately I've put them in Illinois... However, you can see in the bug report forum, I've been having problems with the website, and I don't know the cause. I am hoping everyone will just see that I have actually been trying to make QL more interesting for myself and others, and not that I send 40 invites a day because of some obnoxious script I made (not the case even). Usually I would object to mentioning my name here, but I will let it slide.

But I had no idea in the world that I was sending invites a lot to people who didn't accept my request yet... I admit that that is unjustified and I will make the necessary modifications as soon as I can.
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 04-12-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    I think there's a script that auto invites all your friends to your server when they come online. Check whether you have that added/enabled?
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ph4nt0m View Post
    I think there's a script that auto invites all your friends to your server when they come online. Check whether you have that added/enabled?
    There is; that's what he's referring to. He installed it deliberately. It's that it's messaging people that don't even have him added, plus they've blocked him.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    There is; that's what he's referring to. He installed it deliberately. It's that it's messaging people that don't even have him added, plus they've blocked him.
    Of course I installed the script deliberately... But in no way is it meant to be malicious... I just have a bit of a problem with it that I cannot appear to fix... There is no other way except the code that I have installed to do this that I know of... I'm sure the original script author, Rul3x, would defend this claim that it intends to invite those who are not your friend... Because I have read through the code and it doesn't do that... The only modification I made which I'm not sure even worked was to get it to invite people automatically only when I was on my server... That way it stops some of the spam... But I don't even know how the script is inviting people who aren't on my list, but that sounds impossible for it, as it parses the console message "X has come online"....

Summoning Rul3x to come here right now.... It's his choice to comment on this though..

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    Of course I installed the script deliberately... But in no way is it meant to be malicious... I just have a bit of a problem with it that I cannot appear to fix... There is no other way except the code that I have installed to do this that I know of... I'm sure the original script author, Rul3x, would defend this claim that it intends to invite those who are not your friend... Because I have read through the code and it doesn't do that... The only modification I made which I'm not sure even worked was to get it to invite people automatically only when I was on my server... That way it stops some of the spam... But I don't even know how the script is inviting people who aren't on my list, but that sounds impossible for it, as it parses the console message "X has come online"....

Summoning Rul3x to come here right now.... It's his choice to comment on this though..
    Well I know there's another invite script (It's not automatic) that has the invites go to anyone regardless of their friend status, so it's not like you're required to be a friend to invite (via script)

Either way, you'll probably want to remove it for the time being if it's spamming people not on your friends list, because that can get you banned for spamming. (If they're on your friends list then it's not considered spamming because the other user opts in by accepting the friend request)

+ Reply to Thread