+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a specific setting for this? [Question]

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar

Question Is there a specific setting for this? [Question]

Hey all,

I know there are multiple lighting settings available for manipulation but was wondering if there was one specifically regarding "rays of light"?

I'm referring to lights shining down through rooftops/ceilings like on Cliffside or Chemicalreaction?

My settings feature very high gamma to help with my enemy contrast and on maps such as the ones noted I'm literally blinded when i walk through these lights until I come out from underneath them.

I know the option to lower my gamma is always on the table but on most maps it's not an issue so I'd rather explore other options if possible.

Any advice is appreciated.

If it helps my lighting/brightness settings are:

r_intensity 2
    r_gamma 3
    r_ignorehwgamma 1
    r_mapoverbrightbits 3
    r_overbrightbits 1

Off the top of my head I forget if I have vertexlight set to 1 or 0...

~edit~

Please move if there is a more appropriate section for this.
    Last edited by infntnub; 04-09-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Gamma 3!?!?! Oh my.

Sorry, I'm not going to be any help. I have switched between gamma 1.0 and 0.8. Guess I'm coming from the opposite view of setting the environment darker so enemies are overbright green shapes.

I found this topic:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...enable-disable

So I'm guessing I'm also asking for a way to disable volumetric lights? :~p Since the topic I'm pasting didn't go anywhere I assume there's no way of doing this.

Hmm...

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    r_intensity 2 seems quite crazy to me. Default is 1.

One thing you might try is r_mapOverBrightCap, the default is 255 (maximum), you could start by cutting it in half (127). Don't know if that will have the desired effect though, especially with mapoverBrightBits 3 which is not so high.

intensity 2/gamma 3 results in a very bright environment and it is probably too extreme for most I admit - but for my particular eyesight it results in great contrast with the enemy brightskin due to the fact the environment brightness leads to there being basically no color left to it so the only color on my screen is the crosshair and the enemy.

I have a great deal of issue picking up on enemies with dark environments for w/e reason so going the complete opposite direction has typically yielded the best results for me. :~p

Just a general note; I have very poor vision lol.

I will tweak around with the brightcap setting to see if I notice a difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

~edit~

Is there some way to share a ss? I was going to but I guess there isn't support for that on this board?
    Last edited by infntnub; 04-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    Is there some way to share a ss? I was going to but I guess there isn't support for that on this board?
    imageshack or imgur

Forum support for attachments is not good.

+ Reply to Thread