Thread: Doom 4/Quake 5 situation.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    hopefully doom 4 sets the standard like doom 3 did
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member vine is on a distinguished road vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isus_ View Post
    From a purely gaming standpoint, I don't understand the need to constantly release new games and innovate. I understand it from a business perspective, but not a pure gameplay/gaming one. I mean, most folks compare e-sports to regular sports, right? How many non-e sports are constantly changing/innovating the base foundations of their game? None, maybe? Sure they "tweak" different aspects of their game and rules, etc., but the core experience and foundation remains the same.

Why can't the gaming community embrace the idea of just creating the best possible, most pure FPS gaming environment with excellent foundations, movement, etc., and simply "tweak" what already exists? Why spend resources that could be used "perfecting" a game on creating an entirely new game with new fundamentals, foundations, etc.? No other sport works that way.

Screw a Quake 5. Continue to make Quake Live the best possible game it can be. Who cares if it's "12 years old"? I think that's a good thing. Football/baseball/basketball, etc., are all over 100 years old. But people still play those games because they love them. If people get tired of playing a certain sport for a while, they can go play another one. Same with FPS games; if you get tired of the purity of the Quake Live fragging experience, go play COD or Halo for a while. Nothing wrong with that.
    The hardware used to play traditional sports, the human body, isn't rapidly evolving the way technology is.

Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    if you guys are really interested in knowing how D4 might look like or how it is currently being coded, i suggest you watch the carmack Qcon. keynote of 2011. if youre not interested in listening then dont bother postin here

Senior Member IonicAftershock is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dji1 View Post
    if you guys are really interested in knowing how D4 might look like or how it is currently being coded, i suggest you watch the carmack Qcon. keynote of 2011. if youre not interested in listening then dont bother postin here
    Quote Originally Posted by IonicAftershock View Post
    I saw the approximately three hour Quakecon 2011 John Carmack Keynote Speech[...]
    I did! Woo!

Sincerely, IonicAftershock
    "I love playing against someone and being pressured to win...
    ...and when I am pressured to win, that's when I play my best game." - fatal1ty

Senior Member lowlife1 is on a distinguished road lowlife1's Avatar
    I have a copy of D3.Played it for about 1 hour.Awfull game in my oppinion.Q4 is not much better...Maybe I cant get out of my head that the buck stops at Q3?But like a diehard,,,I will buy a copy,because it says,,Doom,,or,,Quake!...I have every single edition of both,including all Mission Packs....Terrible Addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lowlife1; 05-03-2013 at 06:18 PM.

*neiu
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDoubleU View Post
    I'd play the snot out of D4, but pleeeeease, no vehicles ....
    Yeah, what was that? I mean that was really messed up.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 05-07-2013 at 04:53 PM.

the smarest thing id could do is mix quake with doom and other story elements joined in q3.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    New Quake would need:
    >>Visionary game studio (id software is not visionary anymore, all of the cool ppl quit, only Carmack's left, and Carmack is a coder, not game designer)
    >>new community, since Q3 and QL fans would reject any changes in Quake Multiplayer

I would like to move the discussion towards the super moves

*Euronymous
    This thread will be removed because it isn't relevant to Quake Live, but anyway.

Those screenshots are not of DOOM 4, they were said to be fake. I myself am not looking forward to DOOM 4 after games such as DOOM 3 and Rage.

+ Reply to Thread