+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Feature request: Shuffle Random

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    /callvote randomshuffle

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    /callvote randomshuffle
    hurr durr my brain think good

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    F1
    It's annoying when you have to manually ask people to people to move and then determine what would be good based upon the player's opinions.

Although you could just do that...so...

Senior Member BuzzBlade is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    The issue here is that the "shuffle" function in Quake Live is not random. It takes players' skill ratings into account. Some times this gives a better result than randomly distributing the players, but because skillrating is not a perfect reflection of actual skill, and probably other optimization issues, some times shuffle can have the exact opposite effect of making very stacked teams, over and over and over again. So I'm proposing to add a callvote option for doing a completely random shuffle.

Once again, I'm not proposing to change Shuffle. I'm requesting the addition of a "Random Shuffle" callvote command so that players on a server can do "callvote Random Shuffle" when "callvote shuffle" repeatedly fails to produce reasonable teams.
    What your not hearing in my reply, is I agreed w/ you, but there are serious deviants that live for screwing things up. If the algorithm they use is bad, that is one thing. But I doubt intelligent coders w/ years of gaming statistics in quake to work w/, picked some random code out their bums. I shudder at the random thought your proposing, because I feel half my games are already "random" quick F3 starts, and half my games require someone to spec, change, or gaunt to balance it before it is done.

I mean really, I rarely play 2 games full of the exact same players that render the same bad shuffle. And bad shuffles are part of life. I would imagine the skill ratings are more plateaued now these days as well, considering time has prolly segregated the tiers. There are certain players, that when coupled on the same team w/ each other, make kittens die from the smack down they lay. And I'm usually the only one that started still waiting for the next game where the shuffle always works fine.

Are you sure you haven't got to the point where you get ganged up w/ a team that needs you, cause your good and hard to shuffle against??? I have some players I know that, when I shuffle w/ them, I will never be on their team because the skill balance they put in place... is legit.

+ Reply to Thread