+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: how about a hit beep noise.......

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Just a side notice, but long time ago UT has competition mode called TTM. It brings "reverse" hit beep sound (very similar to one that you hear when you damage your teammates in TDM, but with 4 different tones) and it was pretty usefull. Yeah, model screams but there are variety of models and these sounds are inconsistent.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    Imo you're exaggerating. Nobody is trashing the idea. It's basically stating "we got this, plus this, plus this" and "I doub't it's useful". It's not like suddenly everyone jumps the "Yeah, I'm waiting for this feature like forever!"-train, is it?

What I honestly not get is the reference to killbeeps people keep making. Is it a point like "They added that useless feature so the could as well add this"?
    Killbeeps were brought up because they're also beeps in the game that were not present at the game's start. However, I recall this being something that people actually wanted. There's been nothing in this thread suggesting that people want this addition, and therefore not many people would be using it, and it'd just be time wasted to include it into the game.

Also, I'm not exactly "against" it, but I feel there's definitely much better things id should be doing rather than implementing something that already has multiple ways to figure it out. Killbeeps are at least useful because some people don't notice the text on their screen. The only advantage for the getting-hit beeps is that the people who are completely unaware of their health moving or that they're getting hit will have another thing to attempt to ignore, but this time with more sound distractions.

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Sorry for once again not contributing on topic (there really is little to say towards that if your stance is: I wouldn't mind it and f1 if people actually cared, but since I agree with the majority, f2 for the team to work on something else instead), but I'm still wondering:

Is there a way to remove the fragmessage (and this only/specifically, not draw2d 0 or customize the hud completely) via console?
    If you're wondering where the question comes from:
    Well, I made a few movies back a decade ago with config being the "only" (at least the truest/ most true; whatever is correct) way to customize the hud effieciently/quickly.
    That questions was aroused by the killbeep again, because I didn't see any sense in that assuming theres a huge writing in the middle of everyone's screen
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D_R View Post
    Is there a way to remove the fragmessage (and this only/specifically, not draw2d 0 or customize the hud completely) via console?
    cg_drawFragMessages 0

+ Reply to Thread