+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Killcam

Member CMSS is on a distinguished road

Wink Killcam

Kill cam please this will be so amazing!

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    imo, to do this properly, the game needs mvd's (multi-view demos, recorded serverside). I actually don't care about killcam (sorry) and I assume many players think it's too cod, but mvd's... Yeeeaaaaaah

Maybe killcams are a way for id to argue development cost of serverside demos to zenimax
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It's been discussed before in multiple places, but the reasons for it not being thought about getting added:
    -Game is fast
    -Killcams slow it down
    -Oh, wait. That's pretty much it

:P
    Additionally, they'd have to be coded, and there's certainly a lot better things for them to be working on.

(Got ninja'd while having multiple thread tabs open lol)

Member Angryi is on a distinguished road Angryi's Avatar
    How about we also add some crates and headshots?

Seriously, what would you need killcam for? The game is too fast and I suppose you like playing more than watching you being fragged.
    As malk said, add multiview, were waiting for it since beta.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    read my signature....not a cod so forget it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Is id3 capable of doing this btw?

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
    Is id3 capable of doing this btw?
    Afaik it is. For example Q3 had a coach mode where the coach could view the whole team on a 4-split screen. And I think I recall some CPMA duel streams where they utilized some picture-in-picture mode to see both POVs at once. I assume that this functionality isn't present in QL at the moment but should be doable with idtech3.

So idtech3 should be able to render PiP, but another problem (for killcam) would be the data itself. I doubt this would work from client to client (so the one who killed you sends the demo snippet to your client) but from server to client if the server records demos of all players.

However, this might be a bigger project which needs some manpower to be developed properly.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread