+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plea for showing player's tier by their name in some, if not all locations of site.

Junior Member Taevier is on a distinguished road

Plea for showing player's tier by their name in some, if not all locations of site.

Good day devs!

Please help me and all ql fanatics by displaying a player's tier by their name in some, if not all locations of site.

The main reason I ask for this is because on your site we begin to build a large friends list it can become seemingly impossible to distinguish whom you should invite to a match, or possibly join a match without having to dig in your memory, or pull every profile up one at a time.

It is annoying to get rejected for invite due to skill to high, or accidentally inviting low player to something well out of his/her league. Showing tier by name on site would ease my suffering and maybe lower traffic on site, which is good for everyone.

I realize that some may be asking about the fact that there are different game mods and that displaying all would be impractical in a lot of ways. You could just base it on what the player plays most, which is already recorded or allow a player to choose.

Showing a player's tier by their name in the game could possibly be a grayish area. It would be nice but probably end with people constantly kicking players based on what it says by their name... which is not very nice, yet is usually well earned.

Wouldn't mind a little player feedback.

Thank you in advance!
    Taevier

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It's easily available to see on the statistics page. If you *need* to view it, you can always open another browser to check it if you're already in a server. Having it available in more places would just become redundant.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Something like that would be useful but as you said its a bit tricky since you have a tier for each mode. As has been requested before if we had some grouping options for the friend list this might become less of a problem.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Use the QLRanks greasemonkey plugin. More accurate and useful. It doesn't tell you the tier, but then it doesn't really need to.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Use the QLRanks greasemonkey plugin. More accurate and useful. It doesn't tell you the tier, but then it doesn't really need to.
    QLRanks is only really accurate for Duel. The other gamemodes are often buggy and aren't actually as accurate as they'd seem. I'd still say to just check their profile in another browser if it's really that big of a deal. Additionally, a user could check the server's skill rating to estimate the competition (based upon knowing their own skill level).

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I could imagine a script fetching and displaying the tier data for all players in a given server for this gametype. Maybe someone will do it .

+ Reply to Thread