+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1) cant disable rain on t7 and 2) bright enemymodel very often does not load

Junior Member kvasny is on a distinguished road

1) cant disable rain on t7 and 2) bright enemymodel very often does not load

1) i cant disable rain neither with cg_atmosphericEffects "0" nor with cg_weather "0", is there any other way to do it?
    2)very often, but not always, when i connect to a server or load practice match enemymodel is normal brown sarge instead of bright keel, despite of the fact that i got
    cg_forceEnemyModel "keel/bright" in my cfg.
    vid_restart does not help, i have to disconnect and connect again and sometimes i have to do it several times what is extremely annoying. has anyone got any idea how to fix that? thanks in advance.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    1) There is no way to do that. cg_atmosphericeffects was added to try something for a devpick/event, but the result didn't work as intended, and was discontinued. cg_weather is also not a valid command in QL.

2) Try entering "loaddeferred" the next time this happens.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kvasny View Post
    1) i cant disable rain neither with cg_atmosphericEffects "0" nor with cg_weather "0", is there any other way to do it?
    While there isn't a way to do it directly, I believe setting r_picmip to 1 will turn off the rain on furiousHeights.

many thanks for your answers
    i got picmip already set to 1, i will have to play with rain , nevermind, its minor issue.
    but these enemymodels are rather important and loaddeferred does not do anything, i tried vid_restart after that as well.
    i can add that i play on linux kubuntu, firefox 16, qlprism, but i remember it happened on windows as well, so maybe i got some mess in cfg: http://www.speedyshare.com/mtg8N/kvasny.cfg

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    I sometimes get a model showing up as default when it should be bright, but it's cured by either pressing tab or dying.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kvasny View Post
    many thanks for your answers
    i got picmip already set to 1, i will have to play with rain , nevermind, its minor issue.
    but these enemymodels are rather important and loaddeferred does not do anything, i tried vid_restart after that as well.
    i can add that i play on linux kubuntu, firefox 16, qlprism, but i remember it happened on windows as well, so maybe i got some mess in cfg: http://www.speedyshare.com/mtg8N/kvasny.cfg
    Set com_hunkMegs to 128, just in case the "56" value you're setting it to actually works (it shouldn't take it though).

Also your weapon config is scary, like:

set kotlet "weapon 1;cg_crosshairsize "60";cg_drawCrosshair "6";cg_drawgun 2"

Should be:

set kotlet "weapon 1; cg_crosshairsize 60 ; cg_drawCrosshair 6 ;cg_drawgun 2"

Using quotes within a quoted variable space is not good and probably won't work or just issue a bunch of errors.

Not sure what else. I've had this bug happen before, but it is rare and usually occurs for me on many person ctf servers. That could indicate it is a memory issue (lots of players, lots of models), in which hunkmegs _would_ affect the problem. It's usually stuck at 128 though and can't be changed so it's a long shot imo.

unfortunately hunkmegs did not help, tab button as well. im gonna make a new cfg because if it happened on both windows and linux it must be some badly adjusted cvars. i cant think of anything else. but i really appreciate that people here are so willing to help, so thank you anyway guys.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
    I sometimes get a model showing up as default when it should be bright, but it's cured by either pressing tab or dying.
    Forgot to add that one of the Devs told me this was intentional behaviour. I don't know why though.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
    Forgot to add that one of the Devs told me this was intentional behaviour. I don't know why though.
    I'm thinking it was to fix the issue where models were loading with an unteamed Sarge model. I can't actually find anything about this though to confirm or deny it.

+ Reply to Thread