+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Connection Interrupted Constantly - Not an Router problem

*cassuy

Unhappy Connection Interrupted Constantly - Not an Router problem

Getting connection interrupted every 1-2min and it lasts 15-30secs.

I'v forwarded quake live ports and scanned my pc from malware.

Tried quakelive with my laptop using same connection and same router and there's no connection problems at all - laptop has baaaad hardware and i cant get fps higher than 30 so gaming with it is out of question.

Im all out of ideas

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Are you using one machine wired and the other wireless?

You could just spectate a server, go windowed, type in cl_currentServerAddress and write down the number. Set cg_lagometer to 2.

Open the command prompt, and type tracert to that ip. Don't press enter though until you see it lag.

This would prove that it's that particular machine.

What OS is it?

*cassuy
    Windows XP sp3 in both computers. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/tracertbp.jpg/

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    WOW! Look at that! That's insane!!

What on earth would cause that? Heh.

Maybe bad netcard drivers, faulty cable, if wireless some kind of serious interference? I suppose there could be some kind of OS overhead issue but I don't know what it would be.

Is this wired or wireless? Are you sure it doesn't happen on the other machine?

If you're using a router, what if you try bypassing and just plugging the machine into the modem? Well the first ips here don't appear to be local router ips. That doesn't jive with it not happening on the other computer though.

A more likely scenario is that it's happening on both, and you have some kind of line problem that your ISP needs to fix. Is this cable or dsl or?

*cassuy
    Some minor lagging with laptop but no connection interrupted message, wired connection.

There might be some bad malware on the main pc afterall, will post if fixing it works on my connection problem also.

+ Reply to Thread