+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: what makes Quake fun for you?

*Held
    Strafe jump, aiming, really fast action, simple gameplay, skills needed.. And that's why quake is fun

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Anyone else feel this was kind of ironic?
    He makes multiple posts about things happening, but then never provides a demo to back anything up so we can't prove that he's not just making something up.

At the end of the day, if you're going to post multiple things about "Oh, this is broken", or "what could I improve on?" then you'll want to provide a demo. That's as simple as it gets.

As for what makes Quake fun, I have no clue. Being able to play games in the first place would probably be fun...
    Pika? really? jeez, I have no time for demoing. I have no iclination to ever do so either. apparently there is a word called trust and maybe people should look into that. now I'm not saying that the decline of western civilisation stems from trust issues on Quake but I will say that your lack of faith in your fellow man is somewhat underwhelming.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMatiK View Post
    Pika? really? jeez, I have no time for demoing.
    Demo'ing takes literally seconds.

I have no iclination to ever do so either. apparently there is a word called trust and maybe people should look into that. now I'm not saying that the decline of western civilisation stems from trust issues on Quake but I will say that your lack of faith in your fellow man is somewhat underwhelming.
    Except when we don't have any information which is the case here.

We have absolutely no idea what your gaming experience is like, so there's nothing to trust really.

In the case of some of your extraordinary claims, well, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. We can't trust you on these anymore than we could trust someone telling us they're an alien made of cheese.

Also it's hard to consider you a "fellow man" when you don't say things that a "fellow man" would say. You say crazy things, that are strange and bizarre and odd. Nothing wrong with that per se, but some of the things you say could use some evidence.

*zzbios
    I don't think my Quake experience could be described as fun, more of a desperate attempt to seem like a decent player, and a constant mental question about how some of you are so much better than me.

Which causes me to meditate more and observe nature and realize most FPS games are a fruitless pursuit for instant ego gratification.

Now a RPG like morrowind was very enjoyable and fun, Quake is hard for me to label as fun more of a challenge

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMatiK View Post
    Pika? really? jeez, I have no time for demoing. I have no iclination to ever do so either. apparently there is a word called trust and maybe people should look into that. now I'm not saying that the decline of western civilisation stems from trust issues on Quake but I will say that your lack of faith in your fellow man is somewhat underwhelming.
    If you claim stuff, it's not on us to prove it cannot be. It's rather on you to show it is actually happening.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Member Vampiress is on a distinguished road Vampiress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zzbios View Post
    I don't think my Quake experience could be described as fun, more of a desperate attempt to seem like a decent player, and a constant mental question about how some of you are so much better than me.

Which causes me to meditate more and observe nature and realize most FPS games are a fruitless pursuit for instant ego gratification.

Now a RPG like morrowind was very enjoyable and fun, Quake is hard for me to label as fun more of a challenge
    Somewhat the same I feel about it. I still think Quake is somewhat fun, especially in that intense and hectic way, and particularly when played with friends.

But primarily for me, Quake is a challenge and the kind of game where I literally feel myself improving my aim, movement and playstyle in other games as well. It's like a dojo for practicing and honing your skeelz so that you can better show them off when you're out in other places

And that's also part of the fun; seeing and feeling yourself improve even if only ever so slightly. It's kind of strange really because I'm not a very competitive person and I don't really care winning or losing, but quake is the only game where I feel like performing well and constantly try to better myself.

Quake, my dear, you are a strange entity indeed
    If the lightning gun is a phallic synonym for smacking players about with a sizzling manhood, then I proclaim that the railgun is a yonic synonym for a woman's erect nipples poking people's eyes out

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    I think Kerrigan will be jealous

@topic
    Strafe jumping. Flags. No speed limit. Rocketjumps. Nuff said.

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    We can't trust you on these anymore than we could trust someone telling us they're an alien made of cheese.
    What?! Are you telling me you don't believe I'm an alien made of cheese? That hurts deep, mang ;-;
    y u no beeleeve?

The challenge makes it fun, OP. (;- )
    Nom nom nom nom!

+ Reply to Thread