+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BenQ gaming monitors: Your opinion from experience.

Senior Member IonicAftershock is on a distinguished road

BenQ gaming monitors: Your opinion from experience.

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

*This topic starts after the first link below.*

First off, before I get to my topic, I wanted to share my disappointment on how my Lorfa for moderator thread got so off-topic. I just today found out about that and don't appreciate it. The reason I say this here is because my thread is now locked. I still think Lorfa deserves the moderator position, and he might have ended that thread sooner if he did hold a position himself (nothing against current moderators of course - just proving a point).

Thank you to those who read this.

To those wondering what I am referring to, here is a link to that thread that started off great:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...derator!-Vote!

Now on to the topic of this thread:

I am thinking of purchasing a BenQ monitor primarily for gaming. The model I am looking into getting is the XL2720T, which you can read about here, or with visuals here. You can purchase this monitor from BenQ's USA store (QShop) here, or for slightly cheaper on Amazon here.

To anyone who has had experience with or has owned/still owns a BenQ monitor, I am curious what your opinions are of the brand and model(s) you are familiar with. Please do share!

Thank you very much, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Sincerely, IonicAftershock
    Last edited by IonicAftershock; 03-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    "I love playing against someone and being pressured to win...
    ...and when I am pressured to win, that's when I play my best game." - fatal1ty

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    I own a 2420t. Best monitor I have ever had.
    The 2411t even does 144hz, not sure how viable that is though.
    Regarding the 2720t, 27'' is too big for gaming imo.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    I don't know about benq vs other 120 hz monitors, but I did get a 2420tx and it has some nice features

I play more than Quake, so I like the physical remote it comes with that lets you store 3 different display settings.

Quake is very advanced, but most games still lack basic features like brightskins so I kind of do need custom gamma/brightness/contrast settings for those

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    I have the xl2420t for a year now and I'm still happy. The adjustable stand is really great imo. I came from an old 19" crt and don't regret it.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Member emilie is on a distinguished road
    hi Ionic, cityy, Biz and malik,

what video card do you guys use with your benq monitor?

in this pc that i have, (got it 3 years ago from older brother), it says nvidia geforce 9500gt.

it seems that a lot of players are posting more and more about the 120 mhz monitors (benq and whatever).
    but if a person bought one, what video card do they need? maybe i just didn't read enought posts about it.

i did bing search this topic, but to be honest, most of what i found i do not understand (all the test results, etc.)
    but now i pretty much know that the video card i have will not work.

the only thing i could find in the QL forums for nvidia card with 120mhz is this:
    ketnar said that he uses nvidia. but he didn't say which one exactly. (and i don't have his email).

i also know (from reading the QL forum posts) that a lot of players use crt monitors for the 120 mhz experience.
    that is fine, but i don't think the video card they use would work for the benq monitors, so i am asking you guys since you have benq.

thanks for any thoughts on this (and what one of my older brothers is telling me)!

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    120 Hz not MHz :-P

Although if you could get it to refresh 120 million times/sec that would be really cool :-P

Member emilie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    120 Hz not MHz :-P

Although if you could get it to refresh 120 million times/sec that would be really cool :-P
    haha! :0

Junior Member vine is on a distinguished road vine's Avatar
    BenQ's are pretty popular and by all accounts awesome. Asus is another brand that makes quality gaming displays. They're also very nice and a bit cheaper than the BenQ's. I picked up my vg236h 120hz for $240~ on sale around a year ago. The vg248qe would be the model that is equivalent to the XL2411T (both 144hz) and they're available right now for $264.99.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    i don't think it matters what video card you have as long as it supports dual-link DVI

if you have a recent nvidia you can use the 3d vision that comes with some monitors. also there is this thing to reduce motion blur that might only work with nvidia

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    I have a nvidia gtx260. It's a few years old and I have no problem running everything with 120hz.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread