Closed Thread

Thread: I'm a paying player, but not sure why anymore.

Senior Member DEICIDE is on a distinguished road

I'm a paying player, but not sure why anymore.

I decided to go for premium, on a three-month basis. After that less and less time I had to play. Maybe once a week or two. But I still paid for the ability to play ALL the maps, whenever I want, not rotation-wise.
    Now that I don't really have that much time to play everyday, but I still want to be able to play whatever maps I want, I'm in a question.

Is it worth ANY money at all to play once a week for several hours maps on my choice? Instead of pay nothing and play maps of ID's choice?

Or just go to back to CPMA and play whatever I want whenever I want for free? And have thousands of maps for online fun with friends?

You tell me guys, cuz I'm thinking of discontinuing paying. I don't even get support, only mail responses. Issues are still there. (friend list is bugged, duel scores are bugged for already two weeks now, map vote hasn't returned, etc.)

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I'd say that if you want to support the game, then continue purchasing Premium. If you don't, then don't. It's not all that hard of a concept to grasp.

As for the support-related things, all these answers would be easily viewable if you looked for them.
    Friend List: No clue what the exact issue is, but it works fine outside for a few people that it's probably because of userscripts they have
    Duel Scores: They're aware of the issue and it will probably be fixed in the next update. (If it's not going to be fixed in the next update, they are still aware of the issue, so they probably can fix it regardless)
    Map Vote: That's not going back and that was never up for discussion.

Senior Member DEICIDE is on a distinguished road
    Well, thanks for the kind response.
    But as I said, I don't really see the game to be supported at all. It feels like no more than 3 persons come up with some decision and impose it upon all the players (map vote, payment plans, etc.). And don't give a snap about the fact the exactly the players were those who kept the game alive for 10 years (custom and competition modes, skins, physics, maps - ye, the ones they sell to us now). Of course, we all see how active players number decreases. So thanks for the lack of map vote and rotation - made it more unpleasant than ever. It really should be up for discussion in ID, as it is in the DISCUSSION FORUMS actually. (check a few posts before this one)
    And about the scores - why should we wait a whole month or more for a single issue to be fixed? They are aware of that the next day after the update.
    And the last - the friend list is getting mixed up - visually some rows overlap others. I already sent a few tickets regarding this - still nothing. So that's for the support.

I'm sure many other players ask themselves the same question. I can put a poll if needed.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It actually *is* 3 people if you include Support :P (Unless they've got ninjas that I don't know of haha)

The map rotation isn't a direct cause of the declining playerbase. There are other reasons as well that contribute towards it.

Also, I agree that it's the discussion forum, but what I meant was that it wasn't an id-started topic on people's opinions. They observed increased profits compared to before the rotation, so it worked from the business perspective. (I personally think they should have switched to the rotation when it came out of beta, but they had to do it eventually so people actually bought/used their subscriptions) :/

I believe they don't want to push out hotfixes all the time because of bandwidth issues. I assume that they have a limit and people downloading multiple hotfixed would probably force them to need an even longer wait for the next "big" updates.

I am aware of the friends list bug now compared to my previous post. I hadn't heard or read about it until about an hour ago. They are aware of the issue though.

Closed Thread