+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Votekick

Junior Member Sandslash is on a distinguished road

Votekick

Guys, can you make it possible to votekick during the game?
    There are many afk's often and people who are just spectating, which shows up in the server status as if the dude is playing. When he's not. It may be 4 v 5 and 1 spec, and server will look full and noone will join it who actually want to play.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Pro-spawners can do that.

Also, +10 for the name :3

Junior Member miiiax is an unknown quantity at this point
    not to mention the huge amount of stupid ppl that join games unbalancing them...and when we ask to spec all they say is "**** NOOB"... its simply stupid to remove that option from the game since there are so much imature ppl in this comunities. by not giving us that option id is simply getting me and many others bored from joining ql servers and having to baby sit those kind of clowns. and i wont pay for a game i join servers to baby sit stupid ppl

and one more thing...how do we report ppl? there are several dudes who dont play quake...that simply join the servers to spoil games...i remember detlewwww for example..that moron as been around for about 2 years and would join servers just to attack his own teammates ... it sounds stupid...and a loss of time...but there are ppl willing to do those kind of things..we should have an option to easily kick those morons..and to report them without having to search for id emails and stuff to send demos bla bla bla bla...there should be an option adjacent to the player profile...in wich u could report em in detail..that simple
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-27-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miiiax View Post
    and one more thing...how do we report ppl? there are several dudes who dont play quake...that simply join the servers to spoil games...i remember detlewwww for example..that moron as been around for about 2 years and would join servers just to attack his own teammates ... it sounds stupid...and a loss of time...but there are ppl willing to do those kind of things..we should have an option to easily kick those morons..and to report them without having to search for id emails and stuff to send demos bla bla bla bla...there should be an option adjacent to the player profile...in wich u could report em in detail..that simple
    Send an attached demo to support@quakelive.com
    Additionally, you can use the support page here instead.

Senior Member xXApathyXx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by miiiax View Post
    not to mention the huge amount of stupid ppl that join games unbalancing them...and when we ask to spec all they say is "**** NOOB"... its simply stupid to remove that option from the game since there are so much imature ppl in this comunities. by not giving us that option id is simply getting me and many others bored from joining ql servers and having to baby sit those kind of clowns. and i wont pay for a game i join servers to baby sit stupid ppl
    There's also a lot of immature people who would and do abuse in game voting.

Junior Member Worm318 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by xxapathyxx View Post
    there's also a lot of immature people who would and do abuse in game voting.
    vote now
    vote failed
    vote now
    vote failed
    vote now
    vote failed
    vote now
    vote failed

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    votekick is useless anyway..they just rejoin...they need to set it when you are kicked you can't rejoin the server for at least 20 minutes to 1 hour..

and seeing as we are on the subject..it would be nice to have ingame voting with kicking on pub servers,seeing as they took away the maps and voting maps..this would be a good addition IMHO.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    server ops/owners can also /kickban players, which is more effective than just votekicks

Senior Member D_R is on a distinguished road
    Been suggested a 1000 times, always seemed a good idea to me. F1 once more.

Prem/Pro/Private servers having that doesn't help pub. And while I do see that they're trying to keep some nice features for the paying customers, this shouldn't be part of it. It's a necessity on pubservers imho because of all the AFKs, 999s, teamstackings, quits, non specs etc. pp.
    Abuse? Vote now, vote failed, vote now, vote failed? -> \callvote kick votestarter
    Don't get me wrong, but that really was the tiniest problem ever in the past... I mean ingame votes did exist in the past :X ^^

Also f1 on the "temporary ban" resulting from kicks, although I think 20 mins is way 2 much (because you know... sometimes pubvotes turn out horribly wrong). But just to avoid instant reconnects all day and people bothering is, maybe like 3 mins default?
    German RA3 since 2001 [p]lague, rdm team-radium, n!faculty, pRophecy
    European CTF since 2009

Competitive? I beat friggin battletoads, get lost...

Censorship AND Infractions for inappropriate language? I think that's a bit redundant, try-hards

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    there's a cvar in the start-a-match dialogue that lets you limit the amount of callvotes per player

+ Reply to Thread