+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: QL Ranks counts 1/10 matches

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road

QL Ranks counts 1/10 matches

This is me in Clan Arena! Yey!
    http://www.qlranks.com/ca/player/majkifajki

Not very impressive, but I play just for fun. Problem is, if you look at my matches, there is much more of them:
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/matches/MajkiFajki

But vast majority of my matches is NOT counted. I use QL Prism for playing.

Any ideas?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajkiFajki View Post
    Any ideas?
    It should be noted that QL ranks is not done by the QL team. It is a third party project.

The CA rating while improved since a few months ago is still a bit odd. It counts certain games and not others. I've found that visiting the irc channel #qlranks on quakenet and using the bot:

!updateca <name>

Makes it so that it catches more games.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I don't think there's any automatic crawling for CA.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    They aren't. It's only automatic if you pay for it.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Plus, I think there's some requirement for CA games to be counted -- like they have to be ranked and have to end at least 4v4. So many 3v3 or smaller games won't be counted. And if somebody quits so it ends 4v3, those won't be counted either.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    If you want it to crawl all your recent games, go to their IRC channel and type !updateca MajkiFajki

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    I think it does crawl but it's rather limited.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I managed to confirm with sirax himself that:
    - without manual !updateca, volume of games is so high that automatic crawler adds games with up to 3 day delay,
    - 2v2s aren't ranked, smallest ranked game is 3v3,
    - games with uneven teams (4v3) aren't ranked, but:
    - "last minute quitter" protection re-adds quitters to team if they've played more than half of the game.

I've tried checking games older than 3 days which are still missing from your profile. They were always uneven with lots of people who have played couple of minutes and quit. Impossible to rank games like that, so QLRanks simply ignores them.

It isn't just win/loss though right? Some large percentage of my games is me playing with weaker teammates due to the shuffle. Somehow my ca sr is 999 or so, even though imo I have lost a ton of games since the last time I checked and it was ~500.

I don't really care about my rating, but I'm happy that someone is doing it and I loosely keep track of mine just to get an idea of the job it's doing.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    ^Skillrating rises if you're on the top of the scoreboard. Elo seems to depend on your score per minute compared to the other players in the game. If you perform better than expected compared to the others it rises. If worse it lowers. That's why you can lose Elo while winning and gain it while losing.

+ Reply to Thread