+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Castles

Junior Member DaCracka69 is on a distinguished road

2 Castles

This is a simple small arena/duel arena. It's based off the Q1 version of the same name. Still working on a few things but this is what I have after only a few hours of working on it. Please let me know what you guys thing of this, all comments are welcome.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You'll probably want to give us a download to the map so we can take a look at it. A single image won't tell us much of anything.

Junior Member DaCracka69 is on a distinguished road
    I'm working on trying to get a PK file together but I'm not quite understanding on how to right now. The noob in me is coming out on packing it. Making it is one thing but packing it is another. LOL

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    From the looks of your screenshot it seems like you are not using an actual sky shader but just a texture. A shader has a white border in the texture browser and will make the texture appear moving ingame. It also makes the sky cast light.
    For pk3s, try downloading a map from lvlworld and open it with 7zip (or any other archive manager) to see the structure. PK3 files are just renamed zip files and for QL they are encoded with quakelivedec.exe. Simply put your pk3, the .exe and a new .bat file into the same folder and put "quakelivedec.exe yourmap.pk3 yourmap_encrypted.pk3" (without brackets) into it.
    Last but not least set the encrypted pk3 to read only in the file preferences.

Junior Member TaraHadrian is on a distinguished road
    or use quickbms from Luigi Auriemma,
    it converts quake3.pk3 to quakelive.pk3 and vice versa with two clicks - and is self-explaining. just follow the instruktions and your pk3 will be a quakelive.pk3

i have made a link for you.
    http://www.tara-hadrian.de/deckard/stuff/quickbms.zip
    Last edited by TaraHadrian; 03-16-2013 at 06:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread