+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graphic artifacts ATI & Windows 8

*reXor

Graphic artifacts ATI & Windows 8 [SOLVED]

Here are the examples:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3123372/shot0014.jpg
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3123372/shot0015.jpg

In first picture model should be all blue .. on second picture QUAD position has the same artifact as all bright text.
    Running latest ATI drivers and updated win8. Owning ATI Radeon 7770. Any clues? My fan is set to automatic, so shouldn't be heating up.
    Last edited by reXor; 03-13-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    What are we looking at? I'm not actually seeing anything 'wrong' in the picture other than the r_gamma might be higher than default

*reXor
    I added a new text that should be explaining the artifacts.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Ah, that I can see. (After looking again I now see the QUAD in the other picture has it -- I'd missed that originally)

It had been an issue with the ATICatalyst drivers versions 10.5 and 10.6. It had been suggested that people either downgrade to 10.4 or upgrade to 10.7 and it should fix this issue. However, I've since been informed that it's been occurring on 13.1 as well, so perhaps downgrading to 13.0 would fix it.

*reXor
    Thank you, will try and let you know.

Edit:
    Just installed 13.2 beta, seems it has fixed the problem. Thank you once more.
    Last edited by reXor; 03-13-2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Adding solution.

Senior Member ShaZe is on a distinguished road ShaZe's Avatar
    Yep, had the same problem with Catalyst 13.1 Drivers and a HD 7XXX serie card. Glitchy text and textures with broken black pixels. Problem solved with 13.2 Beta.

I still have really ****ty grainy pixels all over the place in Rage though. Unsure what's up with that..... Every other games seems fine though.....

Edit : Searched around, it look like a change that happened in a recent patch to attempt to make the texture look less "blurry"..... alright.... great to know I don't have to RMA my card then.
    Last edited by ShaZe; 03-16-2013 at 11:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread