+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do old accounts vanish?

*ceviche

Question Do old accounts vanish?

I remember playing Quakelive about 3 years ago.. Stopped playing around June 2010 and I'm almost 100% positive my ID was Hamzah
    Yet some dude has it... I tried recovering password with all my old emails and it just says email account not registered or whatever. I'm not hallucinating or anything, I tried every email I ever had (only had about 4) and none bounce back with password or account.

Do old accounts disappear after a certain time, or for inactivity get deleted or am I just incompetent? Help out a quake bro, been playing since Quake 1.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Yes they get deleted after a long spell of inactivity (dont know what it is). An email is usually sent to the address you registered the account on, notifying you of impending deletion.

*ceviche
    What is the point of that?
    I think you are right as I can see some german guy has my old account name now registered a little over a year after I stopped playing. Can someone from Qlive confirm this?
    Last edited by Lam; 03-18-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ceviche View Post
    What is the point of that?
    I think you are right as I can see some german guy has my old account name now registered a little over a year after I stopped playing. Can someone from Qlive confirm this?
    I'm not from QL, but I can confirm it.

EDIT: Also, it's 6 months for the inactivity period.
    Last edited by Lam; 03-18-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    Pretty sure it's one year of inactivity. And to answer the question of the person who asked what the point of it was, simply because people who don't play shouldn't be holding usernames hostage. Lots of people who sign in once and then never go back. Another guy comes by and finds that the username he or she is used to using is taken by some person who signed up 3 years ago and didn't even play a single game. For instance.

Short answer, if you're not playing the game. What do you need an account for?

Quote Originally Posted by kristus View Post
    Pretty sure it's one year of inactivity. And to answer the question of the person who asked what the point of it was, simply because people who don't play shouldn't be holding usernames hostage. Lots of people who sign in once and then never go back. Another guy comes by and finds that the username he or she is used to using is taken by some person who signed up 3 years ago and didn't even play a single game. For instance.

I asked sponge :P

*ceviche
    Quote Originally Posted by kristus View Post

I understand if someone created and then never played. but if someone several days worth of hours on the account (I had at least 100). how can they justify deleting? I didn't even get a warning in my email. I care more about my old friends list and stats that is all.
    Not a big deal. Just a small detail that probably inconveniences alot of players. Carry on Quake live, carry on. (silly rule)

Quote Originally Posted by ceviche View Post
    I understand if someone created and then never played. but if someone several days worth of hours on the account (I had at least 100). how can they justify deleting? I didn't even get a warning in my email. I care more about my old friends list and stats that is all.
    Not a big deal. Just a small detail that probably inconveniences alot of players. Carry on Quake live, carry on. (silly rule)
    You probably did get an email, but you probably didn't notice it. Also, if you didn't use a real email (I don't know why some people do this...it's really stupid IMO) then you wouldn't get an email as well.

If an account goes inactive, then it generally means they don't have plans of coming back.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    on the other hand there are accounts with people who logged in last time over 2 years ago and their account was not removed, so its twisted.

+ Reply to Thread