+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I have to hit binds several times for them to work

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Not sure metaspy.. nothing obvious pops out.

One thing I would do is not use the - and + as names for a set with your volume sets. Name them something like "vup" and "vdown" instead and reset configs through website when you're done. Probably it's fine but it just makes me nervous :Q

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by metapsy View Post
    I have a very smimilar thing since forever. I thought everyone had these bugs.
    We all have this "bug" when our clients send 2 commands within 1 second. This includes:
    - any kind of chat,
    - +scores/+acc,
    - dropweapon/dropflag/droppowerup,
    - follow x/spec pu/fc,
    - automatic POV switches when spectating.

The most common problem is chat getting lost when you're spectating. Same if you've just died (client automatically updates scoreboard) and tried to say something right after.

Another effect is inability to bind "dropweapon; say_team dropped weapon".

Maybe even the usual problem of the scoreboard failing to update when spectating TDM is linked to this.

This has been said time and time again, flood protection should only work on chat and not other commands. OR there should be 3 flood classes: chat, score/acc, pov switches, and there should be separate 1 second timeout for each of the classes.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Yes, if two powerups, or a powerup and a flag are taken within 1 second, or a powerup/flag is picked up within 1 second after kill, it won't switch the second time because of this flood protection.

In your config, there's "exec ctf", maybe that one has something suspicious (after all, you can't drop weapons in CA/FFA/duel, so it must be CTF where you have this problem). Or maybe you have accuracy item in the HUD and it works like constant +acc?

+ Reply to Thread