+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mouse

Member shut_up is an unknown quantity at this point shut_up's Avatar

Exclamation Mouse

Hi there. I need some help with my mouse...
    What I mean? Hmm, I get 3 mices:
    - microsoft (idk name)
    - logitech - g400
    - logitech - mx518

All mices after about two months, start disconnecting. Before it happen, at the beggining, my mouse stop moving for about 1-3 secs. It was happen with my 3 mices. With 2 first g400 and microsoft, after that (about week time max) it started disconnecting and I heard BIP BIP BIP BIP, from windows. With my last mouse mx518, I dont have that problem for now, it just stop moving for 1-3 secs, but I think, it gonna happen with that mouse also. I spent lot of money for mices, but maybe its not a mouse fault? My usb working correctly, all of them. I checked with many diffrent mices (to ****ty to play), with pendrives etc. Any ideas why? Its lil bit annoying when Im playing with someone 1v1 or even CA and I get kill just cos fo my mouse...

Will appreciate your help. Thanks.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Are you taking good care of them? Cause it sounds like you abuse them and causes the connections to get loose.

Junior Member BluDogg is on a distinguished road
    Have you used something like hidusbf to force the polling rates on your usb ports? How old is your motherboard? It could just be your southbridge going bad.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BluDogg View Post
    Have you used something like hidusbf to force the polling rates on your usb ports?
    This isn't a concern.

How old is your motherboard? It could just be your southbridge going bad.
    These maybe.. or overheating perhaps.

Like flashsoul I suspect abuse though :-P

My wmo did exactly this after like 2 years+ of use.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Are you taking good care of them? Cause it sounds like you abuse them and causes the connections to get loose.
    hmm i think so... my miss told me that when im playing i hard hit with my mouse, but cmon... what do you mean abuse? before, on my old pc i also was using mices and never got that problem. when i bought new one it started. maybe because im not using mousepad?

Quote Originally Posted by BluDogg
    Have you used something like hidusbf to force the polling rates on your usb ports? How old is your motherboard? It could just be your southbridge going bad.
    dont even know what hidusbf is and my motherboard is pretty new. got that pc hmm, 6 months? something like that.

and also what i can say. logitech mx518 is my brothers mouse. he gave me it, actually lent it. he was using that mouse for long time with no problems, and i also was using it on his pc so many times and also playing quake and never got any problem....

or maybe its beacause windows 8 ?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shut_up View Post
    or maybe its beacause windows 8 ?
    It could be an issue with windows for sure, like some sort of processing problem with usb that causes system resources to divert away from it. However that doesn't quite fit the symptoms you describe, which is that it doesn't happen for about 2 months. If it was a resource problem it would start up immediately.

I was thinking also it could be something physical in the environment there. Does it get really super hot, or extremely cold? Humidity really high? Are there hazardous materials nearby that could get on the desk and into the mouse sensor/electronics?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    I was thinking also it could be something physical in the environment there. Does it get really super hot, or extremely cold? Humidity really high? Are there hazardous materials nearby that could get on the desk and into the mouse sensor/electronics?
    hm on my desk i got screen, speakers, keyboard and flower (bought by my miss 3 days ago).
    at home got 20 C degrees, so not too hot. i got heater next to my desk but its like 50 cms between heater and mouse. humidity normal. i just dont get that.
    when im playing i hit my mouse sometimes maybe to hard, but its just during a game, i dont even notice that. my miss told me im playing very loud, but like i said. im playing quake long time, and got that problem since i bought new pc with windows extension of win7 to win8.
    also like i said, its all time aprox 2 months and my mouse going crazy.

i feel sad, cos i dont wanna spend money again. i have no money for another mouse.
    before i bought my new pc i was using my borther pc at my home and at his home also, and i was using his mouse (mx518) same which i got now. everything was fine.
    g400 was basicaly f&cked, i mean the cord. i check it by moving cord and it started disconnecting so i wanted check it with mx518 but it seems fine.

at this moment i cannot play quake at all. cos mouse keep freezing, and also im so scared that my mouse will freeze so im playing very low, slow etc....

any ideas if i can check it somehow or fix it?

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    rma the g400, I've had two cords go bad on mine in less then 6 months.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

It could be just natural wear and tear, and kind of an unlucky coincidence that they all failed at roughly the same times. The MS mouse and the MX518 could have been really old, like you said you got the 518 from your brother. What you're describing is exactly the way both mice die.

As for the G400 it has a potentially faulty cord:

http://www.esreality.com/post/229947...logitech-g400/

+ Reply to Thread