+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scoring Adjustment [Freezetag]

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar

Question Scoring Adjustment [Freezetag]

This isn't a big deal but maybe others don't necessarily agree with it either.

I don't really see why you'd get an additional point (2) for a thaw than you would for a kill (1). Perhaps this is setup this way to encourage better teamplay and more effort being put towards helping your teammates when they are frozen. Honestly, a point is a point, people will attempt to help frozen teammates even if it were just treated the same as a frag, 1 point.

Just wondering if there would be anyway to change it back to how Q3 had it; 1 point for everything across the board.

Either way, it's not a huge issue, and I'm sure a lot of people don't care one way or the other - just a request. :~)
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    Perhaps this is setup this way to encourage better teamplay and more effort being put towards helping your teammates when they are frozen. Honestly, a point is a point, people will attempt to help frozen teammates even if it were just treated the same as a frag, 1 point.
    Some people play for the points and don't care much about their teammates. If it's set to 1 point, you'll see more people deciding to chase down enemies instead of waiting for a thaw. It looks like an idea where everybody loses.

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    As I said, I expected the difference in scoring when compared to the Q3 version of freeze to have been done in an effort to motivate more teamplay - but to say you'll see less thawing in the event of a change is just absurd.

People who attempt to thaw whenever possible will do so regardless of the scoring system; the rest boils down to what type of player the person is. There are always going to be "team-first" players and "me-first" players. The way in which the game is scored is irrelevant in this regard.

To say that replicating the scoring system from Q3 is an idea where everyone loses though is to say Q3 Freeze was an idea where everyone lost - simply an untrue statement on your part, Flash. Most of the people I see from those days in QLive play the same way they played back then, but the only difference is they're being scored differently for their efforts. :~p

Maybe as an alternative idea ID could offer server hosts an option of using Q3 scoring methods for gaming types?

~decided to remove additional rambling~
    Last edited by infntnub; 03-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    Most of the people I see from those days in QLive play the same way they played back then, but the only difference is they're being scored differently for their efforts. :~p
    Ah. I didn't know that. I never played Q3's FT.
    Oh well. I don't care much then. I'll still beat y'all .

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    I played Q3 iFT for 10 yrs+ and i thought 2 points for thawing in QL was a great idea for the exact reasons you said Its better to Thaw than be at War there are many other things i'd love to be able to change serverside to have it more like Q3 NoGhost or FreezePlus iFT though
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

+ Reply to Thread