+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Making Quake look awesomazing?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B4ZE View Post
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/berserkerquake2

quote : Excessive Dawn + Metal Tech + HRCCTRP (High Resolution Creative Commons Texture Replacement Pack Is Not A Practical Name For A Texturepack): Excessive dawn guys have made an excellent 64bit exe for q3, also they implemented bloom from Alien Arena. I’ve merged the other two texturepacks to one, and changed some ugly textures (like the black railgun, or the weird jumppad) = profit
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiress View Post
    Not quite sure I understand what that all is
    I'm thinking they hadn't read anything beyond the title. They replied with something to make "Quake 3" look "awesomazing" , but I'm pretty sure it's not related to what you want.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    All Quake 3 texture packs are applicable to Quake Live. However, I've spent hours removing pentagrams and stuff from those, and then I got differently colored squares on maps. I think good post processing and some nice weapon effects is enough to make your video look great without all the hassle with textures.

*B4ZE
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I'm thinking they hadn't read anything beyond the title. They replied with something to make "Quake 3" look "awesomazing" , but I'm pretty sure it's not related to what you want.
    I gave link to a texture pack that can be used in wolfcam. I think it also add paralax mapping effect and stuff.

Member Vampiress is on a distinguished road Vampiress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B4ZE View Post
    I gave link to a texture pack that can be used in wolfcam. I think it also add paralax mapping effect and stuff.
    Ahh okai, thanks

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    I believe some movie makers overuse this custom effects and textures. Some time ago I've noticed custom weapon textures (with black railgun and rusty RL) which, honestly, looks awful.. Here is one of the movies - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqcrm53laJs. The movie itself is awesome, but these weapon textures are very unnatural/artificial. Scratches has high contrast, rust and scratches can not look the same, very artificial. Personally I would prefer original hi-res textures, at least for weapons. I even was trying to re-create them myself (check this one - http://pk69.com/tmp/rocketl.png - it's a RL 1024px textures, looks pretty awesome in game but it's differs from original one), so I have *.psd files for RL, RG and PG, these are not 100% finished, but still usable somehow.

+ Reply to Thread