+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making Quake look awesomazing?

Member Vampiress is on a distinguished road Vampiress's Avatar

Question Making Quake look awesomazing?

Hellu all you pretty quakesters!

I am getting more and more into making gameplay videos of various games that I play, but I haven't got so much experience with the programs or special effects and stuff, so it's usually just pretty basic recordings put together so far.

But! I've decided that I want to make a proper quake live video where I am not failing too hard and actually appear like someone who knows which end of the gun should be pointed forward

So to that end I have been watching a few quake videos and am stumped at how good they look! I found one video in particular that looks absolutely gorgeous and was wondering how it was made that way.

It is especially the weapon effects I find impressive, like the little glitters that come off of the lightning gun - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTbOdjb7jI&t=1m16s

The super splodey rockets - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTbOdjb7jI&t=0m30s

AND DAT PLASMA ZOMG! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSTbOdjb7jI&t=5m12s

Are those special movie magic tricks or are they settings within quake that I can use? I have no illusions of making anywhere near as good as that video, but I would love to have those shiny weapons.

Oh and how can I move the camera out of my head and record from different angles like that? I promise to post a link to the video for shizzles and giggles when I get it done
    Last edited by Vampiress; 03-04-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    The lg, rockets, and plasma are all done through Wolfcam with different textures. You'll have to find them online or somebody else might send you some.

The freecam is also done in Wolfcam, but I can't tell you specifically how to do it since I've never been able to get it to work for me

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    The lg, rockets, and plasma are all done through Wolfcam with different textures. You'll have to find them online or somebody else might send you some.

The freecam is also done in Wolfcam, but I can't tell you specifically how to do it since I've never been able to get it to work for me
    Oh wowie that was quick, awesome thanks! And there's a guide and everything ♥

I will take a look at that, thanks much

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Lammeh has made a couple of frag vids Vamps, with custom weapon effects and I've fiddled about with cams a bit, for the skating video which never saw the light of day. Hope there'll be some FT in there

gl
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Just get footage from me and you get guaranteed 100% magic, special effects or not.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Just get footage from me and you get guaranteed 100% magic, special effects or not.
    How can there be footage without limbs ?
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Thumbs up

Oh nice Docs, I shall poke and annoy the Lamster next time I see him then

Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Yes absolutely pones I have no doubt of that, it was part of the plan right from the start! I shall include lots and lots of footage of you getting fragged in spectacular ways

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*B4ZE
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/berserkerquake2

quote : Excessive Dawn + Metal Tech + HRCCTRP (High Resolution Creative Commons Texture Replacement Pack Is Not A Practical Name For A Texturepack): Excessive dawn guys have made an excellent 64bit exe for q3, also they implemented bloom from Alien Arena. I’ve merged the other two texturepacks to one, and changed some ugly textures (like the black railgun, or the weird jumppad) = profit

Ah thank you, I guess I kind of tunnel visioned and missed that section

Quote Originally Posted by B4ZE View Post
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/berserkerquake2

quote : Excessive Dawn + Metal Tech + HRCCTRP (High Resolution Creative Commons Texture Replacement Pack Is Not A Practical Name For A Texturepack): Excessive dawn guys have made an excellent 64bit exe for q3, also they implemented bloom from Alien Arena. Iíve merged the other two texturepacks to one, and changed some ugly textures (like the black railgun, or the weird jumppad) = profit
    Not quite sure I understand what that all is

+ Reply to Thread